MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:29 am
Danoc wrote:I have another laptop but its a chromebook and its not for music. I will try again. Might be the blue cord. No worries l will keep it on 2.6. Its not stopping me from making music.

Have you tried a USB KEY.

Put the Update on the USB KEY.
Put USB key in USB Port
Go to Preference
Click INFO
Hold Shift and Click update
By Danoc Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:58 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Danoc wrote:I have another laptop but its a chromebook and its not for music. I will try again. Might be the blue cord. No worries l will keep it on 2.6. Its not stopping me from making music.

Have you tired a USB KEY.

Put USB key in USB Port
Go to Preference
Click INFO

OK Ima try that. I will let you know what happens. Now am I putting the USB in the laptop to do this? And do I have to take out the blue cord? Cause I am looking at how would I connect the Live to the laptop so it can update? Or are you telling me to put this in the MPC and do the Update? That would be dope if I could do it like that without the blue cord.
By kaydigi Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:33 pm
Danoc wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Have you tired a USB KEY.

Put USB key in USB Port
Go to Preference
Click INFO

OK Ima try that. I will let you know what happens. Now am I putting the USB in the laptop to do this? And do I have to take out the blue cord? Cause I am looking at how would I connect the Live to the laptop so it can update? Or are you telling me to put this in the MPC and do the Update? That would be dope if I could do it like that without the blue cord.

By CharlesRandolph Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:53 am
Danoc wrote:OK Ima try that. I will let you know what happens. Now am I putting the USB in the laptop to do this? And do I have to take out the blue cord? Cause I am looking at how would I connect the Live to the laptop so it can update? Or are you telling me to put this in the MPC and do the Update? That would be dope if I could do it like that without the blue cord.

Yeah, you can update via usb key without it being connected to the computer. :nod:
By Blue Haze Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:13 am
Live is nice. Just it doesn’t have the program matrix and other features of the 4K. But it shines in other areas.
By echo opera Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:23 pm
Been loving the ONE as my very first MPC. Using it in conjunction with the iPad to do everything I make and am really enjoying the pairing.

Here are a few of my latest projects...many thanks for watching:
Tracks:

MPC+iPad overview:
By CharlesRandolph Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:08 pm
echo opera wrote:Been loving the ONE as my very first MPC. Using it in conjunction with the iPad to do everything I make and am really enjoying the pairing.

MPC+iPad overview:

Good information. Perhaps you could list everything you've used. So others who want to work like can do it, as well.
By echo opera Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:18 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
echo opera wrote:Been loving the ONE as my very first MPC. Using it in conjunction with the iPad to do everything I make and am really enjoying the pairing.

MPC+iPad overview:

Good information. Perhaps you could list everything you've used. So others who want to work like can do it, as well.

Thanks. Added the core pieces in the Description. Thanks for watching :)
By EnochLight Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:56 pm

Tracks:

This is really nice - right up my alley. Far better than most of the typical stuff out there. Nice work! Ironically I had viewed your iPad setup video a few days ago and "liked" the video. Nice of you to drop in to these parts!
By echo opera Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:59 pm
EnochLight wrote:

Tracks:

This is really nice - right up my alley. Far better than most of the typical stuff out there. Nice work! Ironically I had viewed your iPad setup video a few days ago and "liked" the video. Nice of you to drop in to these parts!

Many many thanks! Glad you enjoyed the track. Been a blast getting these two platforms working together.

FWIW, I am trying to be more active on the Forum, but I'm encountering a lot of SQL errors when trying to post content....so I have to hunt around to find an appropriate thread to reply on :)

Glad this one was around.

Cheers!
-echo opera
By Danoc Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:22 pm
echo opera wrote:
Lampdog wrote:Youtube links fixed.

Thanks...you rock!

Very nice work. Did you mix that the MPC One as well? :smoker:
By echo opera Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:17 pm
Very nice work. Did you mix that the MPC One as well? :smoker:

Thanks for giving them a viewing. Everything is mixed/mastered on the iPad inside of AUM. I'm using the MPC One as a sequencer host and instrument to accompany the synths on the iPad.