MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:54 pm
hellnegative wrote:No, but We have had two Launchpads and a keyboard hooked up to an MPC Live with a single USB hub, so it will work.

Do you have to configure the Launchpads every projects?
Is the USB HUB, powered?
By hellnegative Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:12 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
hellnegative wrote:No, but We have had two Launchpads and a keyboard hooked up to an MPC Live with a single USB hub, so it will work.

Do you have to configure the Launchpads every projects?
Is the USB HUB, powered?

The USB hub was not powered. You configure launchpads using the novation editor. You set the notes and cc's ahead of time then they stay that way until you change em again. On my launchpad mini, I have 7 octaves of chromatic keyboard and a single octave drum pad.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:37 pm
hellnegative wrote:The USB hub was not powered. You configure launchpads using the novation editor. You set the notes and cc's ahead of time then they stay that way until you change em again. On my launchpad mini, I have 7 octaves of chromatic keyboard and a single octave drum pad.

That's good too know! Was looking at getting two Launchpad Pro and building a case. So I'll get a hub and add it inside the case and run the USB out to the MPC One. That way it's one unit.

So the MPC LIVE is able to power both launch pads via USB Hub?
By hellnegative Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:16 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
hellnegative wrote:The USB hub was not powered. You configure launchpads using the novation editor. You set the notes and cc's ahead of time then they stay that way until you change em again. On my launchpad mini, I have 7 octaves of chromatic keyboard and a single octave drum pad.

That's good too know! Was looking at getting two Launchpad Pro and building a case. So I'll get a hub and add it inside the case and run the USB out to the MPC One. That way it's one unit.

So the MPC LIVE is able to power both launch pads via USB Hub?

Yes it is.
By D3V1L15H Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:04 am
bees80 wrote:
That's what i said. Are you only here to re-phrase what have been said and give kudo's? :evil:

lol i was making a distinction to the two statements you made, the distinctive part you left out in quoting me. Kudos to you for avoiding the point to instead cry about how I had to make it based on your own words ~ lolllllllll.

Did you not say the MPC *doesnt* generate audio after 40beats pasted the description of what a synth is? The MPC Live firmware has built-in synths, which by definition... generate audio.

Keep up kiddo.
By bees80 Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:18 pm
D3V1L15H wrote:
bees80 wrote:
That's what i said. Are you only here to re-phrase what have been said and give kudo's? :evil:

lol i was making a distinction to the two statements you made, the distinctive part you left out in quoting me. Kudos to you for avoiding the point to instead cry about how I had to make it based on your own words ~ lolllllllll.

Did you not say the MPC *doesnt* generate audio after 40beats pasted the description of what a synth is? The MPC Live firmware has built-in synths, which by definition... generate audio.

Keep up kiddo.

We were actually talking about the upcoming drumsynth that was teased before. In sense of that, there's no generating drumsounds yet. If you had followed the conversation correctly and not only focused on being right and trying to hurt my feelings (which is pretty cute, i must admit, especially the ''keep up kiddo'') :lol:
By D3V1L15H Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:14 pm
bees80 wrote:
We were actually talking about the upcoming drumsynth that was teased before. In sense of that, there's no generating drumsounds yet. If you had followed the conversation correctly and not only focused on being right and trying to hurt my feelings (which is pretty cute, i must admit, especially the ''keep up kiddo'') :lol:

I followed the convo just fine as he said it was already a drum synth (to him) ~ sarcastically. But ya said the MPC dont generate audio ... (yea no shit it doesnt have a drum synth) ~ yet if one is so inclined and mildly talented they can create a drum kit choppin and tweakin from the built-in synth audio they can generate.

Though I find it ironic you speak of "following conversations" and 'trying to hurt feelings' and "focus" when your first reply to me was half-quoting what I said (only cuz i was using what you said in a comparison lol) just to ask me if Im only here to regurgitate shit?

Well damn if anything is cute, its your attitude.

(Oops! -I regurgitated the word cute from you. My apologies!)
By hellnegative Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:23 pm
bees80 wrote:Adorable, there you go again! Geez! I guess I really hurt your ego there, sorry man. Would you like a popsicle?

A meat popsicle?
By bees80 Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:39 pm
I know my responses are pretty gay sometimes, but no thanks. Anyway, let's stop this silly internet dissing/yes/no game and let's go on topic.

I would also love to have an onscreen XOX type of sequencer, or something like it. I'm really a fan of the elektron sequencers. The step sequencer is a bit annoying because you have to double click to select another pad to put in the sound. Or am i missing something?
By Tabletop Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:10 pm
Since you mentioned a sequencer...
Does anyone like or can anyone explain a positive aspect of the step sequencer screen?
I think its rediculous to have to press that little arrow to get to the next bar. Can you scroll with a qlink?
Its like the most unintuitive layout they could think of... Smh
I can only laugh :lol:
By bees80 Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:40 pm
Yep, that's what i mean indeed! It's not very intuitive or user friendly to make some quick sequences. That's why i also haven't sold my TR-8 yet. I just love how quick you can get a pretty cool result. Since Grid edit is only usable for people with fingers thin as pencils, i'd love something like this.

Here just an idea for some options (was motivated).
- Sequencing notes happens in the touch screen
- If you press a pad, the inserted notes for that pad immediatly becoming visible
- Easy scrolling to bars (like on elektron machines).
- Q links can be assigned in this mode per pad, but default: Attack, Decay, Pitch and Treble
- Once a pad is pressed, you can quickly open: Effects / or it shows the pad mixer.
- Global Options: Swing, tempo, Bar length, Accent, Explode all sounds to seperate tracks.

Come to think of it... basically if they switch from using the pads to insert notes from using the pads to change the assigned pad sound and use the screen to input notes, it would be so much quicker and more fun to quickly have drumpatterns going. And imagine doing this while sequencing an external synth (and us a midi keyboard to select the note). Hope this makes sense :)
By mr_debauch Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:40 pm
would be nice to be able to tune the 3 built in plug-ins... the tube synth lets you change the tune of each oscillator (except not the sub-oscillator) but there is no master pitch for it, the bass synth doesn't have any tune or pitch at all.. i don't care about the rhodes too much so i didn't dig around really, but i didn't see one there either. At the moment, if you have a midi controller attached you can use the pitch wheel... and you can add an air effect to try and change the pitch in the effects section...

my guess is if those are ported VST effects, they probably forgot the MPC's vst wrapper doesn't have those settings like in DAWs.