MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By QuickStrike Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:05 pm
mr_debauch wrote:would be nice to be able to tune the 3 built in plug-ins... the tube synth lets you change the tune of each oscillator (except not the sub-oscillator) but there is no master pitch for it, the bass synth doesn't have any tune or pitch at all.. i don't care about the rhodes too much so i didn't dig around really, but i didn't see one there either. At the moment, if you have a midi controller attached you can use the pitch wheel... and you can add an air effect to try and change the pitch in the effects section...

my guess is if those are ported VST effects, they probably forgot the MPC's vst wrapper doesn't have those settings like in DAWs.

That's funny lol I was just thinking to myself yesterday. Whoever programmed this bass vst clearly can't hear that this thing is out of tune.
By mr_debauch Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:18 pm
QuickStrike wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:would be nice to be able to tune the 3 built in plug-ins... the tube synth lets you change the tune of each oscillator (except not the sub-oscillator) but there is no master pitch for it, the bass synth doesn't have any tune or pitch at all.. i don't care about the rhodes too much so i didn't dig around really, but i didn't see one there either. At the moment, if you have a midi controller attached you can use the pitch wheel... and you can add an air effect to try and change the pitch in the effects section...

my guess is if those are ported VST effects, they probably forgot the MPC's vst wrapper doesn't have those settings like in DAWs.

That's funny lol I was just thinking to myself yesterday. Whoever programmed this bass vst clearly can't hear that this thing is out of tune.

well my issue is i hate having to be told to be in tune... i don't mind tuning things quick but not actually in tune with each other... and as those elements stack together, it sometimes does something cool sounding. What about the ability to automate the pitch of the synth?
By EnochLight Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:32 am
My amended speculations for 3.0 are:

• The new drum synth based on Air's Drum Synth 500 (but woefully scaled down in features).
  • Proper disc streaming for the Live/X/One and features that would benefit from that.
  • Sequencer track 1:1 model (like on Force) as an option (hopefully they figure out a way to keep backwards compatibility).

I still don't think there will be a 2.8. Would love to be wrong, though.
By elstebbano Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:22 am
I think disk streaming is definitely doable. The mpc already does it when you preview your sounds from the browser, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement that as a function..
By EnochLight Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:12 pm
elstebbano wrote:I think disk streaming is definitely doable. The mpc already does it when you preview your sounds from the browser, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement that as a function..

Technically speaking, you're not wrong - but there is a world of difference between buffering small clips of audio into RAM in the browser for previews, one at a time, than true disc streaming where multiple audio files not hindered by length can be streamed all at once (and written to during recording). The fact that Akai has teased it's something they're working on for well over a year without adding it suggests it's a major task, and likely a re-write of how the current hardware will handle everything. :)
By Elektrobolt Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:24 pm
elstebbano wrote:I think disk streaming is definitely doable. The mpc already does it when you preview your sounds from the browser, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement that as a function..

Is that's what's happening? Is there any evidence for this?

Lacking a movable sample "pointer", it appears to me like it's simply loading a chunk and then playing it.
By elstebbano Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:38 pm
no, but even if you preview long samples, it starts them instantly and if you scroll through your browser it starts them immediately. Of course it has been buffered in small chunks, but this would also be the case when they would implement real disk streaming (buffering)..But of course things get difficult when streaming multiple files..
By 40Beatz Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:46 pm
Right now the MPCs have Many other things utilizing RAM soon as you load a Project. Opening up RAM to support Disk Streaming would bring your Project to its knees. They would have to restructure the way the MPC Allocates that temporary Memory.

Ex...New Hardware Circuitry

Other Cheaper Products can accomplish it easily because they have Limited features that do not require Lots of RAM. (Roland SP's, etc)
By Danoc Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:44 pm
40Beatz wrote:Right now the MPCs have Many other things utilizing RAM soon as you load a Project. Opening up RAM to support Disk Streaming would bring your Project to its knees. They would have to restructure the way the MPC Allocates that temporary Memory.

Other Cheaper Products can accomplish it easily because they have Limited features that do not require Lots of RAM. (Roland SP's, etc)

Like you said they would have to reconstruct, so they definitely can do DS on the new Live MKII. But the Question is WILL THEY DO IT!
By Yentz Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:50 pm
I cant speculate but what I would find great would be a fingerdrumming training program besides p locks and (never going to happen) the ability to connect an audiointerface and have some external inserts.

+1

By Lampdog Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:10 pm
40Beatz wrote:Right now the MPCs have Many other things utilizing RAM soon as you load a Project. Opening up RAM to support Disk Streaming would bring your Project to its knees. They would have to restructure the way the MPC Allocates that temporary Memory.

By Greg H Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:08 am
My Wishes :

- Possibility to change the Signature of a project (or better, of a sequence)
- The looper have the same signature of the project (now, the looper is ever in 4/4)
- Copy/paste a pad from a bank to an other

Thanks