MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Eurikon Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:59 pm
Hi everybody, i looked around for this a little bit and couldn't find an answer,
excuse me if this has been answered already.

I just got my MPC One, i can see some of the Drumkit names have the designation F9 in them.
But i do not see the F9 Expansion pack appearing as an icon in the: Expansions tab.

Does this expansion need to be installed manually, or is it already installed in the system?

Thanks for any help.
By Eurikon Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:30 pm
kaydigi wrote:
Eurikon wrote:Ok, so i just went into my account page at Akaipro, and it seems to be there.
Going to download it there and save it to the SD card, and see what happens.

Cheers.

Yeah it should show up once you do that.

Thanks!

quick question about:
Optional - AIR Virtual Instruments
Optional - Legacy Expansions
Essential Sound Libraries

Do these also need to be manually installed to the sd card for use in the MPC as standalone,
or are these intended only for use in the MPC computer/daw software.
By kaydigi Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:07 pm
Eurikon wrote:Thanks!

quick question about:
Optional - AIR Virtual Instruments
Optional - Legacy Expansions
Essential Sound Libraries

Do these also need to be manually installed to the sd card for use in the MPC as standalone,
or are these intended only for use in the MPC computer/daw software.

Air Virtual Instruments - vst’s only, can be used in mpc software or any daw.

Optional - Legacy Expansions - mpc software plug ins only, you have to load them as a plug in tracks in the software only, honestly Akai should have ported these as instruments to standalone imo.

Essential Sound Libraries- you should have those already on the ONE if it’s the same as the live and x. If you don’t have them, you’ll have to install them on the mpc software then export it to your sd card like you did F9.

Bonus there are air fx plugins already built into the one, and 3 other instrument plugins already baked in, you don’t have to install any of those ....
By Eurikon Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:44 pm
kaydigi wrote:
Eurikon wrote:
Air Virtual Instruments - vst’s only, can be used in mpc software or any daw.

Optional - Legacy Expansions - mpc software plug ins only, you have to load them as a plug in tracks in the software only, honestly Akai should have ported these as instruments to standalone imo.

Essential Sound Libraries- you should have those already on the ONE if it’s the same as the live and x. If you don’t have them, you’ll have to install them on the mpc software then export it to your sd card like you did F9.

Ok thanks a lot for the clear answers.

I also think they should be more clear in what these files are exactly for (like you did in your reply above), unless i overlooked some information in the documentation.

Thanks for the help!
By RMS Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:53 pm
Hello all,

In my efforts to find the F9 Expansion for my MPC One retro I keep returning here so, I figure I should ask the folks in this forum if the F9 Expansion is still free for One owners or has that offer gone away? It is not available in my profile on akaipro. All tutorials I have watched the webpage looks like it has been updated since they were created. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
By kaydigi Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:33 pm
RMS wrote:Hello all,

In my efforts to find the F9 Expansion for my MPC One retro I keep returning here so, I figure I should ask the folks in this forum if the F9 Expansion is still free for One owners or has that offer gone away? It is not available in my profile on akaipro. All tutorials I have watched the webpage looks like it has been updated since they were created. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Did you actually your MPC One serial number on your account? It still shows that it comes with F9 on the product page.
By 40Beatz Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:19 pm
I think the Expansion Pack on the One is the Watered Down Version of F9
By PhatBob Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:15 pm
Talking about Expansion Pack found in my personal account, I have the LIVE 2 HW and the FACTORY CONTENT file proposed is named "MPCOneFactoryContent-1.0.2.pkg", I'm running MacOS. I can intall it, but I'm wondering if it is the same for the LIVE2, as when I check for the installed Expansions in my laptop I can see in the Expansion Folder three files that should point to "factory expansions" that do not exist on my hard drive.
These files are:
- FactoryContent.png (I never saw this Expansion Pack pict before)
- FactoryDrumContent.xlm
- FactoryLoopContent.xml
At first, I thought it was related to a different way to sort the files in the HW browser (Drums & Clips) but actualy no.

If anyone has a brilliant idea on this...

Thanks in advance
By MPCbruh Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:18 pm
RMS wrote:Hello all,

It is included and much more-I got over 30gigs of Software and Expansions when registering the One Retro. You have to register your unit with the serial no. in your Akaipro account (under "my products"), then click on "details" next to the icon of the One Retro to see the download links.
By MPCbruh Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:21 pm
40Beatz wrote:I think the Expansion Pack on the One is the Watered Down Version of F9

There is a watered down version that comes with the MPC Beats software, I got that when registering the Force. But the version I got with the One uses 4gigs of drive space and has ca. 100 programs, I guess that should be the full version?
By Christov Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:43 pm
MPCbruh wrote:It is included and much more-I got over 30gigs of Software and Expansions when registering the One Retro. You have to register your unit with the serial no. in your Akaipro account (under "my products"), then click on "details" next to the icon of the One Retro to see the download links.

For real? That's a nice bonus, good to know for when mine arrives!
By Neurone Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:12 pm
Akai are running a good summer promotion at the moment, I got some good packs.
If you registered you should get an email.
By MPCbruh Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:57 pm
Neurone wrote:Akai are running a good summer promotion at the moment, I got some good packs.
If you registered you should get an email.

You don't even need to register, some shops offer the same bundles (3 expansions for 10$/10€/£7, 3 different bundles) :mrgreen:

E.g. this one in the US: https://www.jrrshop.com/akai?dir=desc&o ... _from_date
Or Thomann in Europe: https://www.thomann.de/gb/akai_professi ... nsion.html

The promo should end sometime soon, though, I got the mail on June 22 and it's called "12 days of summer". :wink: