MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:20 pm
You may have to Power it off and Eject it, if it isnt Ejecting by hitting the Eject Icon.

(That was Sentence Run on :lol: )
By EnochLight Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:29 am
Frairf wrote:Hello everyone,

My SD card isn't ejecting from my MPC one despite my going through the proper motions of hitting the eject icon and selecting eject. Any advice on how to proceed safely or what I'm missing?

Thanks

An SD Card that "refuses" to software eject is likely a faulty card. I'd consider replacing it, if I were you. That said, did you format it in exFAT? What version of the MPC firmware are you on?
By Ultros Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:57 am
@ frairf it's because you have the synth content on that card and its in use. it doesnt unload the synth content therefore it will not unmount the card lol.

it's a feature. lol
By EnochLight Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:15 pm
Ultros wrote:@ frairf it's because you have the synth content on that card and its in use. it doesnt unload the synth content therefore it will not unmount the card lol.

it's a feature. lol

Elijah wrote:In MPC One, if you are using new synths (Hype/Solina/Odyssey/Mellotron), you will not be able to eject the SD card.

^^ OR THIS ^^

Nice catch, fellas. :nod:
By DeaDeus Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:08 pm
.,..my SD drive was destroyed ejecting a SD card (completely) - my +12 year old control notebook is still working - even the SD card which caused the desaster (or maybe not) was working - nevertheless destroyed it after saving the data.. Never had an issue here.
Fortunately the MPCX is USB hub enabled (..must have been an accident), so I plugged in a USB3 card read/writer.

But as usually - the tip to release it as described above is important - before ejecting it.
By EnochLight Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:32 pm
RMV wrote:There is any problem if i dont enect my sd card at all? I mean i bought mine one month ago and its been in at all times hahah tks

Not sure if you're serious, but I'm going to go out on a limb and pretend that you are. :lol: Of course there is no need to safely "eject" your SD Card if you have no intention of removing it - unless you're in Computer Mode and using it as attached storage. If you go to switch back to Standalone Mode, you most certainly better be OS ejecting your SD Card before doing that, or you will eventually corrupt your data and/or file structure. :nod: