MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By bitermc Fri May 28, 2021 8:12 am
Symianbeatz wrote:
rik van hegen wrote:i running it savely with the XTPower XT-20000QC3 Powerbank. It has a dedicated 19V DC-Out (can be changed from 12-24V for other gear) with up to 4A. Works perfect and safe (up to 10h!)

67€ incl. connection cable that fit's with the mpc one!
400g light weight
20000mAh
display with power usage
https://www.xtpower.de/XT-20000Q3-Power ... t-20100mAh

(+ even cheaper (but white) https://www.xtpower.de/XT-16000Q3-Power ... 15600mAh_1)

Just f.y.i these can't be shipped outside of Germany.. just tried and got bounced...

OK, I was going to buy on this place and use mailboxde.com for the shipping... Then I realized the same battery is on Amazon, 7€ more expensive, which is less than the prize for shipping from Germany.

I just bought one, will post my impressions here as soon as I receive it. Anyway, this guy got it tested and seems to work fine:

Symianbeatz wrote:(+ even cheaper (but white) https://www.xtpower.de/XT-16000Q3-Power ... 15600mAh_1)

Not just white, I think the difference in mAh makes the black batterry last longer. I would definitely spend the 5€ difference for the extra juice.
By bitermc Sun May 30, 2021 11:50 am
I received mine yesterday and it works like a charm. It came preloaded with 75%, so out of the box I was able to test it.

Need to see how long it lasts, but seems to be enough for maybe 4-5 hours.

It charges from USB, and is able to charge at the same time... This can be useful in trains and planes where there's a mobile charger port.
By Ultros Sun May 30, 2021 12:40 pm
I dunno if this seems like a great idea though. If you brown the unit out on a dead battery thats no good. The mpc live has power management built into the kernel that monitors voltage from the battery source so it can manage the unit. If the voltage drops too low, it will warn the user or shut itself off before dips so low it browns out. That's not something you wanna keep doing to the unit. The battey power management stuff isnt present in MPC One and MPC X since they're designed to run off a brick plugged to the wall.
By Bombbeats4000 Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:35 am
bitermc wrote:I received mine yesterday and it works like a charm. It came preloaded with 75%, so out of the box I was able to test it.

Need to see how long it lasts, but seems to be enough for maybe 4-5 hours.

It charges from USB, and is able to charge at the same time... This can be useful in trains and planes where there's a mobile charger port.

Looking nice ...
Shame they have a Micro USB in instead of a more capable USB-C port for charging.
By EmpeySeah Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:04 pm
EmpeySeah wrote:I'm looking at pairing the Xiaomi 20000mAh Redmi Power Bank ($34) with a MyVolts Ripcord. Specs seems like it should have the output needed. Anyone with thoughts on if this is a good/bad idea?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LN1YV1X/re ... B08LN1YV1X

Went with the RAVPower 60W/20000mAh. Will advise once set up with Ripcord.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082PGS78L
By Symianbeatz Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:04 pm
I'm just chiming in with some longer term testing thought regarding the myvolts ripcord, a couple of days ago while I was using it running a reasonably large drum and bass project 10 tracks, 2 plugins and numerous effects instances, the ripcord did a thermal cut out on me a couple of times, luckily only an hour or so of work was lost and there seems to be no lasting damage to my MPC one, clearly though these things do have their limits and tbh lts shaken my confidence in it as a product so I switched to an xt powerbank for piece of mind.. just a heads up..
By Jazzcabbage Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:21 am
Symianbeatz wrote:I'm just chiming in with some longer term testing thought regarding the myvolts ripcord, a couple of days ago while I was using it running a reasonably large drum and bass project 10 tracks, 2 plugins and numerous effects instances, the ripcord did a thermal cut out on me a couple of times, luckily only an hour or so of work was lost and there seems to be no lasting damage to my MPC one, clearly though these things do have their limits and tbh lts shaken my confidence in it as a product so I switched to an xt powerbank for piece of mind.. just a heads up..

The max amperage that the MyVolts 19V Ripcord can deliver is 0.63A. The MPC One expects to see 3.4 amps.
By bgmnt Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:06 pm
Jazzcabbage wrote:
Symianbeatz wrote:I'm just chiming in with some longer term testing thought regarding the myvolts ripcord, a couple of days ago while I was using it running a reasonably large drum and bass project 10 tracks, 2 plugins and numerous effects instances, the ripcord did a thermal cut out on me a couple of times, luckily only an hour or so of work was lost and there seems to be no lasting damage to my MPC one, clearly though these things do have their limits and tbh lts shaken my confidence in it as a product so I switched to an xt powerbank for piece of mind.. just a heads up..

The max amperage that the MyVolts 19V Ripcord can deliver is 0.63A. The MPC One expects to see 3.4 amps.

can you specify this a bit please - even for the amateurs? since i don't think, the one "expects" the full 3,4 amps all the time.
specs on the power adapter (eu, 230 volts): 19 volts, 3,4 amps, 65 watts.
specs on the ripcord adapter: 19 volt, 0,47 amps as output. input 5v and 2,4 amps max.

that would make the ripcord deliver 8.9 watts. according to rik van hegen https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=194991&start=45#p1823463 here in the thread the one needs between 6 and 12 watts (i did not measure this for myself so far). so there is a risk of a crash unfortunately with heavy use (another user had the device crashing with a big project) but also the ripcord is enough for small projects (like mine, just playing around, less samples) and the one does not simply pull 65 watts all the time.

so my remaining question then is, what harm can be done to the one, when it is underpowered (undervolted, brownout?) and stops working?

thx and greetings!
By EnochLight Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:57 am
bgmnt wrote:so my remaining question then is, what harm can be done to the one, when it is underpowered (undervolted, brownout?) and stops working?

Great question! Why don't you run yours underpowered (undervolted, brownout?) for a few months and let us know the results. If everything is OK, then - cool! If not, well - would be good to know.