MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By bgmnt Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:04 pm
I asked in the myvolts-comment-section and got the following answer:

"Ripcord take care of changing the voltage for you. All you need is a power bank that delivers the standard 5V USB power, Ripcord then changes the voltage from 5V and outputs 19V DC power to your device."

So the voltace change is done in this tiny device? Woiw. I maybe give it a try and order one.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:00 pm
bgmnt wrote:I asked in the myvolts-comment-section and got the following answer:

"Ripcord take care of changing the voltage for you. All you need is a power bank that delivers the standard 5V USB power, Ripcord then changes the voltage from 5V and outputs 19V DC power to your device."

So the voltace change is done in this tiny device? Woiw. I maybe give it a try and order one.

Had a friend who's and EE and he ran test and said it would work with no damage. Now the only questions left is, will I actually use it. :nod:

Those in the US: https://www.amazon.com/Ripcord-Power-Ce ... B08PKV3VXG
#NoAffilate
By bgmnt Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:03 pm
ordered one, arrives mid-week or next week. will report, if it worked with my 3 models of powerbanks and different ac to usb power adapters (from smartphones).

this would be the cheapest option then. it's available for not so long time, it seems, what would explain, why nobody tested it so far.

also, searching for mpc one on myvolts page shows a car adapter and a cheap replacement ac power adapter especially listed for mpc one. but being careful here, is advised, since the page advertises the car adapter for "charging your mpc one" - either generic text or not really tested with the device...
By CharlesRandolph Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:23 pm
bgmnt wrote:ordered one, arrives mid-week or next week. will report, if it worked with my 3 models of powerbanks and different ac to usb power adapters (from smartphones).

this would be the cheapest option then. it's available for not so long time, it seems, what would explain, why nobody tested it so far.

also, searching for mpc one on myvolts page shows a car adapter and a cheap replacement ac power adapter especially listed for mpc one. but being careful here, is advised, since the page advertises the car adapter for "charging your mpc one" - either generic text or not really tested with the device...

It works. What powerbank are you using?
By bgmnt Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:55 pm
hello again,

this tiny adapter from myvolts/ripcord arrived. while it is simply working (yay), i am not sure about the values. i measured 19.17 volts on power banks and with an ac/usb adapter (samsung smartphone charger). on my polaroid ac powerbank on usb port i measured 5,48 ampere, on the other power banks and samsung charger i measured nothing userful (around zero). and yes, i know how to use this multimeter, but further than that i don't have solid knowledge.

coming from op's post/topic: is 19.17 volts a problem for the mpc one? higher ampere should not be, since regulated by the mpc?

[edit: oh, and i put a usb meter between powerbank and ripcord adapter. mpc switched off before finally booting, but until then 1,7 ampere max were going to mpc. whatever this means - the usb meter somehow was blocking/damping the power)

working powerbanks:

anker 20.000mAh
easyacc 18.000mAh
By rik van hegen Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:06 pm
i running it savely with the XTPower XT-20000QC3 Powerbank. It has a dedicated 19V DC-Out (can be changed from 12-24V for other gear) with up to 4A. Works perfect and safe (up to 10h!)

67€ incl. connection cable that fit's with the mpc one!
400g light weight
20000mAh
display with power usage
https://www.xtpower.de/XT-20000Q3-Power ... t-20100mAh

(+ even cheaper (but white) https://www.xtpower.de/XT-16000Q3-Power ... 15600mAh_1)
By rik van hegen Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:22 pm
bgmnt wrote:hello again,

this tiny adapter from myvolts/ripcord arrived. while it is simply working (yay), i am not sure about the values. i measured 19.17 volts on power banks and with an ac/usb adapter (samsung smartphone charger). on my polaroid ac powerbank on usb port i measured 5,48 ampere, on the other power banks and samsung charger i measured nothing userful (around zero). and yes, i know how to use this multimeter, but further than that i don't have solid knowledge.

coming from op's post/topic: is 19.17 volts a problem for the mpc one? higher ampere should not be, since regulated by the mpc?

[edit: oh, and i put a usb meter between powerbank and ripcord adapter. mpc switched off before finally booting, but until then 1,7 ampere max were going to mpc. whatever this means - the usb meter somehow was blocking/damping the power)

working powerbanks:

anker 20.000mAh
easyacc 18.000mAh

Well the Mpc one draws between 6 and 10W, sometimes with a peak of 12W. 10W/5V=2A
Many normal Powerbanks with USB out can't have more than 2-2,1A. I think it's a bit unsafe, but it should work in the normal cases. I suggest the XTPower Powerbank with dedicated 19V/4A out. Ripchord+strong powerbank cost probably the same
By bgmnt Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:30 pm
thank you, another cool option (i would not have dared to test it, to be honest). assuming, the xt power stays on the market some time, for me it seems we have 3 alternatives, that should be near/at the desired mpc specs:

power banks with proper 19v outputs (~70 euros + shipping - no validated brands beside xt power so far and those, i forgot from this thread)

ac power banks and original mpc adapter to carry with (around 120 euro, lots of suspicious brands)

ripcord cable 19v and power bank with 2,1 or 2.4 ampere output minimum (~23 cable and shipping, plus power bank)

still not sure about the absolute values in voltage. ampere etc. opinions welcome.
but at the end, a lot of devices out there (even laptops) run with third party adapters for years.,so maybe not overthink it? (opinions welcome).
By 40Beatz Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:31 pm
:lol: :lol:
By EnochLight Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:10 pm
fReAkThEzOiD wrote:@Danoc had to block ur video sig in this forum cause its so annoying and taking all screen space....

He hasn't been in this thread in almost a year. Let's stay on topic.
By Symianbeatz Thu May 27, 2021 6:41 pm
rik van hegen wrote:i running it savely with the XTPower XT-20000QC3 Powerbank. It has a dedicated 19V DC-Out (can be changed from 12-24V for other gear) with up to 4A. Works perfect and safe (up to 10h!)

67€ incl. connection cable that fit's with the mpc one!
400g light weight
20000mAh
display with power usage
https://www.xtpower.de/XT-20000Q3-Power ... t-20100mAh

(+ even cheaper (but white) https://www.xtpower.de/XT-16000Q3-Power ... 15600mAh_1)

Just f.y.i these can't be shipped outside of Germany.. just tried and got bounced...