MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By notesfromphilo Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:52 pm
Hi all,

Has anyone else had issues getting the MPC One to sync with Splice?

My MPC One is able to recognize the Ethernet connection, but the wheel keeps spinning when I pop over to the Splice tab.

Is there an additional step that i'm missing?

I appreciate your help.
By EnochLight Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:09 pm
notesfromphilo wrote:Hi all,

My MPC One is able to recognize the Ethernet connection, but the wheel keeps spinning when I pop over to the Splice tab.

I appreciate your help.

Under the Ethernet menu in settings, does it show as "Connected" under "Status"? Are you connected to a hub, router, or modem directly?

On an aside, are you using an SD Card or USB storage (either stick or drive)? You need to set those as your intended Splice storage location first. Also, don't use the integrated storage on your One - you'll fill that up way too fast and cause issues. Finally, if you are using an SD Card or USB storage, make sure you are ejecting them before removing them from your One or you will corrupt the drives.
By notesfromphilo Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:13 pm
EnochLight wrote:
notesfromphilo wrote:Hi all,

I appreciate your help.

Under the Ethernet menu in settings, does it show as "Connected" under "Status"? Are you connected to a hub, router, or modem directly?

On an aside, are you using an SD Card or USB storage (either stick or drive)? You need to set those as your intended Splice storage location first. Also, don't use the integrated storage on your One - you'll fill that up way too fast and cause issues. Finally, if you are using an SD Card or USB storage, make sure you are ejecting them before removing them from your One or you will corrupt the drives.

Under the Ethernet menu in settings, the status is "Connected". I am using a thunderbolt to ethernet adapter to connect to my Macbook. Will it not work if I don't connect the MPC One directly to my Router?

I am using an SD Card. Should I be setting up the intended Splice location via the MPC One or via Splice? I tried setting my location as my SD Card via the Splice app on my Macbook, but that didn't do the trick.

Here is the message I get when I hop over to the Splice menu in Preferences "Attempting to connect to network" *insert spinning wheel*

I appreciate the help.
By EnochLight Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:53 pm
notesfromphilo wrote:Under the Ethernet menu in settings, the status is "Connected". I am using a thunderbolt to ethernet adapter to connect to my Macbook. Will it not work if I don't connect the MPC One directly to my Router?

This is your problem right here. Your Macbook is blocking your MPC One from getting a direct connection to the Internet. Either connect to your router via some CAT5 cable direct, or figure out why your Macbook is blocking it. I'm not on MacOS anymore, so maybe some Apple peeps will chime in to give you some pointers.

notesfromphilo wrote:I am using an SD Card. Should I be setting up the intended Splice location via the MPC One or via Splice? I tried setting my location as my SD Card via the Splice app on my Macbook, but that didn't do the trick.

Here is the message I get when I hop over to the Splice menu in Preferences "Attempting to connect to network" *insert spinning wheel*

I appreciate the help.

You setup the Splice location on your MPC One under the Splice settings, if I remember correctly. Where you store your Splice stuff on your Macbook isn't related. To clarify, you'll have a library location on your Macbook, and then you'll (eventually) have a library location on your MPC One on the SD Card you chose. Think of the Splice app on your Macbook like "DropBox", and your MPC One having a built-in DropBox app (which is the Splice settings). You'll sync your files manually once you get your MPC One to connect to the Internet.
By notesfromphilo Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:06 pm
EnochLight wrote:
notesfromphilo wrote:Under the Ethernet menu in settings, the status is "Connected". I am using a thunderbolt to ethernet adapter to connect to my Macbook. Will it not work if I don't connect the MPC One directly to my Router?

This is your problem right here. Your Macbook is blocking your MPC One from getting a direct connection to the Internet. Either connect to your router via some CAT5 cable direct, or figure out why your Macbook is blocking it. I'm not on MacOS anymore, so maybe some Apple peeps will chime in to give you some pointers.

notesfromphilo wrote:I am using an SD Card. Should I be setting up the intended Splice location via the MPC One or via Splice? I tried setting my location as my SD Card via the Splice app on my Macbook, but that didn't do the trick.

I appreciate the help.

You setup the Splice location on your MPC One under the Splice settings, if I remember correctly. Where you store your Splice stuff on your Macbook isn't related. To clarify, you'll have a library location on your Macbook, and then you'll (eventually) have a library location on your MPC One on the SD Card you chose. Think of the Splice app on your Macbook like "DropBox", and your MPC One having a built-in DropBox app (which is the Splice settings). You'll sync your files manually once you get your MPC One to connect to the Internet.

you've been super helpful!

i appreciate you.
By EnochLight Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:21 am
bees80 wrote:
We all appreciate Enoch.

(I'm only saying this because i also want a free mpc one).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, be my close friend for almost 30 years, and I'll send you one as well. :D
By EnochLight Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:44 pm
NearTao wrote:@Enoch

Looks like you're already a close friend with my mum.

bees80 wrote:Mine too. I want a groupon at least.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
By itstimtime Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:29 pm
Im having a syncing problem as well. While I was having the same issue as OP, I bridged my network and that seemed to solve it. So now the mpc & computer are both logged into the same active Splice account. I have sounds to sync, I hit sync. A progress bar pops up but doesn’t move; it just states how many files are downloading. After 5-10 minutes it says There was an error accessing Splice. TWICE this worked and a file or two have actually been saved to my sd card and are still usable.

Every Splice tech person I’ve talked to sends me the same 2 articles and then tells me to contact Akai. Akai hasn’t gotten back to me yet.

Anybody else run into this??