MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By coolazzcal Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:45 pm
I seen the topic posted, but I am still having issues. Originally my MPC Live wasn't having issues going into controller mode, until one day it just stalled in "looking for computer" mode. I thought I was having USB issues but that wasn't the case. I purchased an MPC One. Same issue "looking for computer".

Now....
I reinstalled the MPC Software, the MPC One Driver, the firm ware is 2.7.2 which coincides with the software, I'm running Windows 8.1 (I never had an issue before). I installed the software and the driver on an older computer that my kids use, and everything is as normal.

My computer has a at least a thousand MPC Projects, plugins, virtual instruments that I've collected since I had a Ren so I need my desktop.

I can see the Akai MPC One Control Panel when I go to my device manager. The green lightning bolt is lit meaning that my computer sees that the hardware is plugged in. If I go to my sound mixer,the MPC One shows in my playback and recording devices.

I don't know if the permissions somehow got screwed up BUT i would really appreciate some insight.

Thank you
By kaydigi Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:39 am
not a sarcastic response, have you tried having the software closed putting your One/Live in controller mode and then starting the software?

You may have to uninstall everything fully and then reinstall everything and follow the prompts where you have to restart after certain steps if you are still having issues. My Touch gave me some device driver issues out of the blue after a forced windows update, I had to reinstall everything all over again to get it working. But no issues with the Studio, Ren, or Live for me.

Are you sure Live/One are capable of running in Windows 8.1? And are you running 64 bit windows 8?
By coolazzcal Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:49 am
kaydigi wrote:not a sarcastic response, have you tried having the software closed putting your One/Live in controller mode and then starting the software?

You may have to uninstall everything fully and then reinstall everything and follow the prompts where you have to restart after certain steps if you are still having issues. My Touch gave me some device driver issues out of the blue after a forced windows update, I had to reinstall everything all over again to get it working. But no issues with the Studio, Ren, or Live for me.

Are you sure Live/One are capable of running in Windows 8.1? And are you running 64 bit windows 8?

I just received feedback from Akai support team and they say that MPC One driver doesn't work with 8.1. It would've been nice added that bit of info with the specs. My MPC Live was fine in controller mode until that one day, and that was that.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.
By Danoc Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:38 am
:WTF: If Akai told him 8.1 they were wrong. Smh.

On installing you have to pick "MPC ONE" not just the software icon when installing. Akai have vids doing that and that's wrong for connecting the One to a computer.

You open the software first then go imto contrller mode
By kaydigi Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:10 pm
coolazzcal wrote:
kaydigi wrote:not a sarcastic response, have you tried having the software closed putting your One/Live in controller mode and then starting the software?

I just received feedback from Akai support team and they say that MPC One driver doesn't work with 8.1. It would've been nice added that bit of info with the specs. My MPC Live was fine in controller mode until that one day, and that was that.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

I would definitely check to make sure you are running 64 bit windows 8.1 before you give up.
By coolazzcal Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:08 am
The 8.1 that I was running was 64 bit. The MPC Software 2.0 worked without a problem, along with my Live until I hit a snag. I installed Win 10 and my MPC One connected. It wasn't the MPC 2.0 program, it was the driver 1.05 that caused the issue. Go figure. Thanks all.
By Juson3 Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:51 pm
For those still struggling with this and have purchased an MPC that does not come with a free download of the MPC 2 software, you will need to download the free 7 day trial version of MPC 2 sodtware, which has the MPC One driver (MAC and PC) packaged in the installer. Make sure to select and download the relevant driver for your hardware, no need to install MPC 2 software. Then you can launch your MPC hardware with the MPC Beats FREE software (separate download) in controller mode without any issues. Enjoy!
By Lampdog Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:03 pm
Register your mpc serial number on akaipro and the software will become available to you.

Why bother with a trial?
By renegadebliss Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:31 pm
Thanks Lamp - I had access to the MPC 2.9 Software but I was under the impression Live II didn't support Windows 8.1... just Windows 10... and the older version might have a driver... but I went ahead and downloaded and installed the latest version of the Software and it works fine w/ the Live II and Windows 8.1.

Back to bitching to myself about what's better on the 4k than Live II and amazement on what Live II can do that the 4k couldn't. Simple things like saving samples on their own, is such a pain in the *ss compared to the 4k, but then I record my TB303 into an Audio Track and it's spot on with no tweaking or messing. I was hoping that the LIVE II would replace my 4k and MV-8800 together, but it looks like the MV is on the way out and the 4k will be sitting next to Live II for a bit now.
By Lampdog Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:27 am
I have went through that same moment/awakening with my X and 4k.
X is not a 4k killer imo BUT it IS a viable contender.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:58 am
The Wiizard wrote:https://support.akaipro.com/en/support/solutions/articles/69000815776-akai-pro-mpc-2-software-how-to-create-keygroup-programs-using-auto-sampler

This link helped me save some time and got rid of that message when connecting to the pc. I was under the impression that the MPC Beats application had the drivers and software bundled, but they are two separate applications

But that link you posted is about using autosampler, it doesn't mention hardware drivers or MPC Beats.