MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By tjoh311 Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:26 pm
Not much I can add from the title of the post, do these play well together?
Anyone with experience with the usb midi functionality of the One overall?
By Unreallystic Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:36 pm
tjoh311 wrote:Not much I can add from the title of the post, do these play well together?
Anyone with experience with the usb midi functionality of the One overall?

I use the Launchpad with the MPC Live, I figure the experience would be parallel.

I love it. I don't do it through USB, I do it through MIDI as the MPC X needs power and I'm unsure the MPC Live can support the Launchpad's power requirement (it might, just never tried), they make up my current portable setup. The other thing I love is the Launchpad's standalone MIDI control makes it perfect to snap into any other device I bring with and record into the MPC.
- Unreall
By KingQuinn Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:03 am
Apologies for the necropost (and on a first post too), but has anyone here tried using the Launchpad as a sidecar controller to trigger clips? I noted on my LPP (the OG Pro), I noted that the pads have to be held to trigger the loops, and it only runs as a one shot, it can't be toggled and looped in any manner (I have to release and hold it down again to play the loop). I tried asking the new Akai forum, but was on deaf ears.

I was thinking that it was because the pads on the LPP don't act like a toggle, but there has to be some sort of workaround, I wanted to use clips to help make my live set more fluid, and streamline my setup for actual on the go use. I really hope I don't have to flip my setup, I'd like to blow more money on synths and FX before I get utilities like MIDI controllers.