MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:40 am
4Renzic wrote:How do yall deal with the low memory in standalone on the Live?

Can only get 2 programs from the F9 pack before I get the low memory :Sigh: .

I like multiple programs!

I've got the F9 Expansion. Which 2 programs are you trying to load? Haven't had that problem at all, on battery nor line power.
By 4Renzic Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:42 pm
It was 3 keygroups.

Piano, Rhodes, and celest I think.

If go to controller mode its all good.
By NearTao Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:14 am
Controller mode uses whatever memory you have available on your PC... so it's not always a great comparison since you've (likely) got more memory on your PC. However, if it works... roll with it brother.
By Komatos Records Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:39 am
I bought the F9 expansion for my MPC X about a week ago and loaded about 3-5 programs/instruments simultaneously. Barely scratched the surface of my RAM (maybe 15-25% used). Not sure which of the programs I loaded. I think one was a grand piano or similar.
By EnochLight Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:48 am
4Renzic wrote:It was 3 keygroups.

Piano, Rhodes, and celest I think.

If go to controller mode its all good.

There are several keygroups in each of these categories to choose from in these areas. Which ones exactly? Still can't reproduce the issue you're describing...

* It's been a week. I'm sure we can figure this out..
By Simz Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:53 pm
I have a low memory problem as well when it says internal memory is not being used and my sd card still has 100gb available in the Mpc live 2 . Any suggestions?
By 83dude Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:25 am
Simz wrote:I have a low memory problem as well when it says internal memory is not being used and my sd card still has 100gb available in the Mpc live 2 . Any suggestions?

The SD card is not relevant. You have 2 GB of RAM in the MPC Live II, purging unused samples might help.
By hyena Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:41 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:This is not related to the space on your internal drive, you are just loading too much into RAM. Not used the F9 expansion so cannot comment directly, but most developers seem to be releasing completely un-optimised keygroup programs these days, lazy programming I'm afraid and I've yet to see any third party instrument expansions using sample looping and single cycle waveforms.

Oh hang on, most of mine do.... :)

https://www.mpc-samples.com/section.php ... xpansions/

yah, i bet some expansion "programmer" nowadays doesn't even know how to cut a loop or properly create a sustain loop... that's why for example in ableton live you have auto fades at the beginning and end of audio clips ON by default, which is fking crazy... i always tell my students to turn that sh1t off and trim loops properly, zero crossing, phase and amplitude...
damn, are we getting old, guys?
By Wul Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:57 am
This complaint is gonna be a problem for everyone, with the new sounds browser.
Every keygroup or kit you try is loaded into memory , until there is an offload option on the sounds browser page , you have to go back to main and delete all the unwanted programs , then purge the unused samples. A big oversight.
By hyena Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:00 am
Wul wrote:This complaint is gonna be a problem for everyone, with the new sounds browser.
Every keygroup or kit you try is loaded into memory , until there is an offload option on the sounds browser page , you have to go back to main and delete all the unwanted programs , then purge the unused samples. A big oversight.

yes, especially newcomers in the mpc world. delete program - purge is something mpc users are very much used to, but this kind of browsing sort of conceals the reality that keygroups need to be loaded up in ram, there will probably be confusion between plugins and keygroups behaviour in that regard.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:19 am
Wul wrote:This complaint is gonna be a problem for everyone, with the new sounds browser.

I agree, it would be good to have some kind of on-screen option that deletes and purges in one swift move, but don't forget there is the UNDO button.

So load your kit, play it with your keys/pads, if you don't like, hit UNDO. This deletes the program and removes the loaded samples. This even works if, after loading, you leave the sounds browser to go to MAIN, undo takes you back to sounds with the program & samples gone from memory.

Obviously if you start faffing with parameters and so on you'll start building an undo history, so it's no longer a simple undo, but if the aim is to just load and preview, this will work. Would still like to have the 'program previews' there in the sounds browser as well (press and hold for preview?).
By Wul Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:06 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:

I agree, it would be good to have some kind of on-screen option that deletes and purges in one swift move, but don't forget there is the UNDO button.

So load your kit, play it with your keys/pads, if you don't like, hit UNDO. This deletes the program and removes the loaded samples. This even works if, after loading, you leave the sounds browser to go to MAIN, undo takes you back to sounds with the program & samples gone from memory.

Obviously if you start faffing with parameters and so on you'll start building an undo history, so it's no longer a simple undo, but if the aim is to just load and preview, this will work. Would still like to have the 'program previews' there in the sounds browser as well (press and hold for preview?).

Good point
By jabberwalky Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:22 am
Yep, sound browser has a lot of oversights. I still prefer the old one that previews sounds, shows actual information (like when I lasted modified it) and other things. If they want to simplify the system...well, so far they've made it cosmetic only. The memory thing is a simple fix for them, load keygroup, upon next sound, internal undo, load new keygroup, and so on.