MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Fre$hBreath Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:05 pm
bees80 wrote:You could consider to buy a midi usb interface with 4x4 in and out, and connect your gear directly without the MPC x in between. (And also use one of those midi outputs to sync with the X)

Help me understand why would I want to do this when my MPC X already has a built in MIDI interface?
By 40Beatz Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:04 pm
So you can control your DAW without being in Controller Mode
By bees80 Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:22 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:
bees80 wrote:You could consider to buy a midi usb interface with 4x4 in and out, and connect your gear directly without the MPC x in between. (And also use one of those midi outputs to sync with the X)

Help me understand why would I want to do this when my MPC X already has a built in MIDI interface?

Because obviously, the built in midi from the X is not working with reason... This way it can work and it's not an expensive solution.
By Fre$hBreath Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:23 am
bees80 wrote:Because obviously, the built in midi from the X is not working with reason... This way it can work and it's not an expensive solution.

Nah, but thanks for trying to help anyway...