MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ed James Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:31 pm
Hi fellas. Has anyone had a issue with memory loss on mpc x. I bought mine about 6 month ago and I just started using it this week. I made a couple songs and today when I turned it on. All the info was gone. The vault package the instruments and my saved songs all gone. It is stock. Meaning no memory card or hard drive installed. It's never been hooked up to computer. Any one know how to check internal memory or recover. Thank you very much.
By Lampdog Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:47 pm
I had X memory loss about 2 days ago, BUT, I did it on purpose. I filled up the memory, lots of samples, lots of programs, things started to stutter horribly, cpu was 100%, mem was 99%
DISCARD would be a blank box but would still function and cut off ends of the sample. Lots of other blank highlighted boxes would show up and only showed menu items once I rolled the data wheel.

:lol:

Again, this was one purpose, I wanted to see what it would do and what it looked like.
After a reboot, no crashes at all, solid.

Nothing to do with mem but also added a 500gb hdd.

:-D
By Lampdog Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:49 pm
Read, must yea they.

-yoda on acid.