MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ydeh Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:25 pm
So I have the opportunity to get a brand new MPC X for €1400 (including warranty and all), but although I do like extra functions it offers over the MPC One, I don't really NEED most of them.
More buttons (quicker workflow?) and 16 Q-links are great and is a big plus, direct turntable sampling is a plus but not a REAL deal breaker, MIDI in/out and CV/gate is sufficient on both.
Bluetooth / wifi doesn't matter to me, direct access to drives via my computer is a plus on the X, and so is Ableton Live control... But Is it worth the extra €? I do have the money available, but I could also get the One and save the rest :)

Bottom line is; do YOU think the €1400 for a new MPC X is a too good of a deal to pass on? I won't lose THAT much on re-sale value either I guess...

Curious to hear your thoughts!
By Lampdog Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:05 pm
saltmcgault wrote:YES :!: :nod:

X > 1

By bees80 Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:27 pm
A new MPC x costs 1500 euro.. Not a great deal.

If you are not too familiar with MPC's yet. I'd say get a one, and spent the extra money on weed, girls or whatever floats your boat.
By Danoc Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:40 pm
I was in that position l didn't all the QLink buttons etc. The QLinks work just as fine as the X and my work flow isn't hendered in any way.
If you don't need all the bells and whistles, get The One.
By EnochLight Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:43 pm
ydeh wrote:So I have the opportunity to get a brand new MPC X for €1400 (including warranty and all), but although I do like extra functions it offers over the MPC One, I don't really NEED most of them.
More buttons (quicker workflow?) and 16 Q-links are great and is a big plus, direct turntable sampling is a plus but not a REAL deal breaker, MIDI in/out and CV/gate is sufficient on both.
Bluetooth / wifi doesn't matter to me, direct access to drives via my computer is a plus on the X, and so is Ableton Live control... But Is it worth the extra €? I do have the money available, but I could also get the One and save the rest :)

Bottom line is; do YOU think the €1400 for a new MPC X is a too good of a deal to pass on? I won't lose THAT much on re-sale value either I guess...

Curious to hear your thoughts!

€1400 is not that great of a deal, IMHO. Do you already own a current gen MPC?
By saltmcgault Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:15 pm
So is this MPC X is brand spanking new? “€1400 = $1534” So $1534 isn’t a good deal for a brand new MPC X? What is a good price for a new MPC X and who’s selling them at that price?

Do whatever blows your hair back. Save some coin and get the MPC1, but I will gladly double down on my opinion and say.... get the MPCX! There will come a day where you will be like damn.. I should’ve bought the X. :smoker:
By Danoc Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:00 am
kaydigi wrote:Get the X having 16 qlinks is a huge time saver.

So.... That's it? He said many more things than just the QLinks. Which l can move just as fast doing production using the QLinks that a person with the X . Respectively.
I never understood this being fast thing. Especially if its just a hobby. How fast do people need to go? Now workflow l get. :smoker:

Kay l hope you and your fam are safe.
By NearTao Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:12 am
A family member recently got a One, and he's having a blast. As an entry level that you can flip later if you choose to upgrade it is definitely a good place to start. Plus from a portability standpoint it is quite nice.
By Lampdog Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:23 am
Danoc wrote:I never understood this being fast thing. Especially if its just a hobby. How fast do people need to go?
By EnochLight Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:34 am
Lampdog wrote:...

It helps if you actually comment on the text you're quoting, dawg. :nod: :lol:
By Lampdog Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:15 am
Did you look at the subject.