MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By iamtaliesin Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:54 pm
Help please. I've had this for less than a week and it just started doing this today.

It sounds like the sound card or something is broken when I play any drum samples. It's like a latency issue or as if the sample is too loud and it's clipping really badly (but it's not actually clipping). If I play the exact same sample off of my computer it sounds perfectly fine. Nothing has changed in my audio interface or levels or anything, I even tried using different speakers, I don't know what to do. It's completely unusable like this. Was just starting to really enjoy the workflow with this thing too. Is there a fix to this?
By NearTao Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:56 pm
It sounds like you've got an FX in your chain or something that is driving the levels to clip.

Might also just be a cable hooked up poorly or incorrectly. You can get weird audio changes when you plug in a stereo output into a mono source.

Maybe some pictures or explanation of how you have hooked things up?
By Lampdog Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:57 pm
You say you were just starting to enjoy the workflow, so that means it was working fine prior to this post? What did you do between when it was working fine and now?
By iamtaliesin Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:49 pm
Alright so there is no issue in standalone mode, only when the usb is hooked up to the computer and I am playing samples on the mpc from the computer. Therefore I’m assuming it has something to do with the connection to my computer, maybe the usb cable?

Also it’s worse/more crackily on kicks and subs then on hats and snares.
By NearTao Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:09 am
iamtaliesin wrote:Alright so there is no issue in standalone mode, only when the usb is hooked up to the computer and I am playing samples on the mpc from the computer. Therefore I’m assuming it has something to do with the connection to my computer, maybe the usb cable?

You might have a ground loop or similar grounding issue. This is something I see with USB connections, the power supply might be dirty or not properly grounded on your PC?
By CharlesRandolph Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:07 am
iamtaliesin wrote:Alright so there is no issue in standalone mode, only when the usb is hooked up to the computer and I am playing samples on the mpc from the computer. Therefore I’m assuming it has something to do with the connection to my computer, maybe the usb cable?

It's has something to do with how the MPC ONE audio drivers are written.
By iamtaliesin Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:32 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:

It's has something to do with how the MPC ONE audio drivers are written.

What does this mean?
By iamtaliesin Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:28 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
iamtaliesin wrote:Well if that’s the case then it’s weird that I had zero issues with this until about the 5th day of use with no changes in anything on my end.

You could also try a different USB CABLE.

I have tried a different usb cable. I have tried reinstalling firmware. I have tried the factory reset from the mpc info menu. Nothing has worked yet.