MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Maxiem Charlier Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:02 pm
Hi guys, hope everyone is doing well.

In the midst of this bore-storm, I've been trying to figure out some external midi mappings for the MPC Live.
I've already mapped my LaunchControl XL, but I'd be really interested in mapping the Traktor F1 for some additional grid-style triggering.

Has anyone tried this? I'm looking at a good deal on one right now, but I can't seem to find any info on it regarding pairing it with the MPC Live.
By kaydigi Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:16 pm
Maxiem Charlier wrote:Hi guys, hope everyone is doing well.

In the midst of this bore-storm, I've been trying to figure out some external midi mappings for the MPC Live.
I've already mapped my LaunchControl XL, but I'd be really interested in mapping the Traktor F1 for some additional grid-style triggering.

Has anyone tried this? I'm looking at a good deal on one right now, but I can't seem to find any info on it regarding pairing it with the MPC Live.

Post if you find anything, I always liked the F1.
By DJRichP Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:04 pm
Definitely post whatever you find. I'm definitely looking to map my F1 this weekend.
By Maxiem Charlier Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:06 pm
so.. turns out the F1 only boots properly when it's connected to a computer on which the controller editor is installed.

Hooking it up to my MPC doesn't do anything. Not even after mapping all the pads to corresponding notes instead of regular CC-messages. It's the same when you plug it into a laptop without the controller editor. Lights do a flashy rainbow thing, then stay off.

Since it's impossible to install the NI Controller Editor on the MPC, I'm afraid this is a dead end.
Really blows, since I have no other use for this device. But I get that's what you get for trying something unusual.

Some other cons (apart from it not working)
- pads aren't made for fingerdrumming (they somewhat click, no velocity)
- it's a pain to set up, probably since it wasn't built for the intention I had in mind
- this seems to be one of the most singular pieces of kit I've ever owned, little to no flexibility outside of Traktor (which I don't use)

Off to find something similar, if anyone has any suggestions.
By kaydigi Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:41 pm
Maxiem Charlier wrote:so.. turns out the F1 only boots properly when it's connected to a computer on which the controller editor is installed.

Hooking it up to my MPC doesn't do anything. Not even after mapping all the pads to corresponding notes instead of regular CC-messages. It's the same when you plug it into a laptop without the controller editor. Lights do a flashy rainbow thing, then stay off.

Since it's impossible to install the NI Controller Editor on the MPC, I'm afraid this is a dead end.
Really blows, since I have no other use for this device. But I get that's what you get for trying something unusual.

Some other cons (apart from it not working)
- pads aren't made for fingerdrumming (they somewhat click, no velocity)
- it's a pain to set up, probably since it wasn't built for the intention I had in mind
- this seems to be one of the most singular pieces of kit I've ever owned, little to no flexibility outside of Traktor (which I don't use)

Off to find something similar, if anyone has any suggestions.

That’s a good write up, thanks