MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:55 am
Peace everyone.

Does anyone use the CME XKEY 37 OR 25 attached to the MPC live? If so it comes with the CME usb which has a 5 prong midi on one end that would go into the MPC. I love the floating keys on this and its portable.

By Danoc Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:07 am
Is it coonected with a usb going into the live or a 5 prong midi connection?

Thanks
By bees80 Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:43 am
I have it connected via usb; i meant in the USB port of the MPC live.

Also, i have two synthesizers going to the midi in 5 pin connection (a and b), also works fine, just plug and play.
By Danoc Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:20 am
Cool it should work. This wull be dope to carry around with the live.
By bees80 Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:20 pm
it looks like an imac keyboard ha!

The keystep is pretty comfortable too by the way. hooked up on the usb port, the transport controls also work from the keystep to the mpc (play/stop)
By Danoc Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:13 pm
Unreallystic wrote:I have have the air version, it didn't come with the cable and they want a stupid amount of money for the cable. I typically just used it for my iPad and recorded from the ipad into my Live. It worked great, only stopped because the ipad broke.
- Unreall

Oh you have the wireless joint. Nice. I want the cabled one.
By Bezo Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:49 pm
Unreallystic wrote:I have have the air version, it didn't come with the cable and they want a stupid amount of money for the cable. I typically just used it for my iPad and recorded from the ipad into my Live. It worked great, only stopped because the ipad broke.
- Unreall

I've been holding out on a sale for this. $300 seems like a lot. And I've seen multiple folks complaining about the cost of the cable. I may just settle on the cabled version.
By Danoc Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:15 pm
I agree with you on the price. Its crazy. If you want a brand new 25 version for $179

Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CME-Xkey-Air-2 ... SwahhecpN4

Bezo wrote:
- Unreall

I've been holding out on a sale for this. $300 seems like a lot. And I've seen multiple folks complaining about the cost of the cable. I may just settle on the cabled version.
By Danoc Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:15 pm
Gotcha. I might get the 25, but l don't want the air.
Now the tricky part is that buying the Air, will it work flawlessly with the Bluetooth on the Live? Would love to see who is using one and how tight the integration is.

Bezo wrote:
Danoc wrote:I agree with you on the price. Its crazy. If you want a brand new 25 version for $179

Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CME-Xkey-Air-2 ... SwahhecpN4

I'm looking for a 37. Part of the draw is the 37 keys.
By Lampdog Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:25 pm
Danoc wrote:Gotcha. I might get the 25, but l don't want the air.
Now the tricky part is that buying the Air, will it work flawlessly with the Bluetooth on the Live?

By Danoc Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:30 pm
Thanks lamp. Yeah l know that from the cgmhart you put up. I would like a person's confirmation that it actually works. Ive heard problems with the Bluetooth connection. More over why l like a cable connection.

Lampdog wrote:
Danoc wrote:Gotcha. I might get the 25, but l don't want the air.
Now the tricky part is that buying the Air, will it work flawlessly with the Bluetooth on the Live?

By Lampdog Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:21 pm
Danoc wrote:More over why l like a cable

I’d rather have cables also. Completely understand.