MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Yentz Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:40 pm
i suppose it isnt possible but is there any way to send midi hrough one of the mpc's usb ports with an interface connected?
By NearTao Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:38 pm
@bees...

For some devices... such as the Teenage Engineering OP-1... you've only got Midi over USB. So it kind of stinks that you can send midi over USB from OP-1 to the MPC... but the MPC cannot send MIDI Out back to the OP-1 to set tempo...

Just my example...

I think more people are having a problem with this with the Arturia Keystep or similar controllers... it makes the arpeggio less useful on the key step since you have to always set the key step tempo to match whatever is on the MPC, but it isn't tempo locked...
By James the Just Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:17 am
Indeed, some vendors think they are cutting edge and requiring another medium / protocol to route / implement MIDI.
I thought Roger Linn invented it to sync up drum machines back in the 70's.
Both USB ports on the MPC one are supposed to have support for MIDI, i was hoping to sort of use this as a hub for the OP-1 / OP-Z but that's a no-go but that contradicts the fact that they state both ports do MIDI.
By Neodymium Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:11 pm
I think the thread you are replying to is out of date.

I have USB hub connected to my MOC One, with Bass Station 2, TD-3, Modal Skulpt and Craft 2, and CP all connected. Last week USB Compliant interfaces were added as an option. So I can now connect my Focusrtie Scarlett + Synths all using a USB hub in stand aloe mode.
By mpace Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:55 am
Sorry that I overlooked this one. Posted a long text on my trouble with this.

But I still can't get my head around the fact that in SOFTWARE MODE even, it is not possible to send MIDI through that virtual MPC LIVE II PUBLIC OUT PORT.

I am so positive that I was once able to that with my MPC X. I feel like some features are kind of re-introduced. Some new features added without systematic beta-testing it appears. Every other 4-5 versions I feel like something is screwed up. This time it made me reinstall the MAC from scratch. It's definitely not the MAC!!
By James the Just Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:19 am
I like to correct my statements above. Im currently able to do exactly that, ie drive the op-1 from the mpc-one fine, by using a external powered USB hub, and normal MIDI-IO on the MPC what is currently master clock, i use a cheap presonus audiobox USB audio IO as main interface, this setup seems to be solid, im well impressed by the MPC in terms of functionality / capabilities , it seems to have the potential to replace a DAW ie ableton.