MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By hansjbs Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:15 pm
With the latest news of new plugins coming i think it might be a 3.0
By Unreallystic Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:58 pm
Couple quick hits...mostly in response to first page...

People on the internet or typically negative, if it isn't complaints about Akai, its complaints about Akai users.

Akai also doesn't need THAT frequent updates. That's increased volatility and additional excuses for shipping half-baked goods.

As someone actively working on updating and adding new features as part of his job, ESPECIALLY if things are highly integrated, its easy to over-promise as trying to add/integrate one thing can break/cause major adjustments to something else, so I can understand them being cloak & dagger on the updates, especially system level changes. With that said though, with a proper team handling communication you can still say "this is what we are working on, this is working, this isn';t working, etc" - so while they deserve some slack for not being vocal and possibly wrong, they lose points for poor communication - period.

My hopes for 2.8, don't really have much. I need them to work on the software some more, I can't even close the damn thing without it crashing, which is tiresome when I just invested in the X recently. The X fixes some of my navigation frustrations on the Live, and the way I use my Akai products - I don't feel like I am missing anything, the new synths would be terrific, espcially for stand-alone, though I worry about horsepower.
- Unreall
By Danoc Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:32 pm
Sorry to hear about the crashes.

Unreallystic wrote:My hopes for 2.8, don't really have much. I need them to work on the software some more, I can't even close the damn thing without it crashing, which is tiresome when I just invested in the X recently. The X fixes some of my navigation frustrations on the Live, and the way I use my Akai products - I don't feel like I am missing anything, the new synths would be terrific, espcially for stand-alone, though I worry about horsepower.
- Unreall
By J.O.BEATS Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:41 pm
Unreallystic wrote:Couple quick hits...mostly in response to first page...

People on the internet or typically negative, if it isn't complaints about Akai, its complaints about Akai users.

Akai also doesn't need THAT frequent updates. That's increased volatility and additional excuses for shipping half-baked goods.

As someone actively working on updating and adding new features as part of his job, ESPECIALLY if things are highly integrated, its easy to over-promise as trying to add/integrate one thing can break/cause major adjustments to something else, so I can understand them being cloak & dagger on the updates, especially system level changes. With that said though, with a proper team handling communication you can still say "this is what we are working on, this is working, this isn';t working, etc" - so while they deserve some slack for not being vocal and possibly wrong, they lose points for poor communication - period.

My hopes for 2.8, don't really have much. I need them to work on the software some more, I can't even close the damn thing without it crashing, which is tiresome when I just invested in the X recently. The X fixes some of my navigation frustrations on the Live, and the way I use my Akai products - I don't feel like I am missing anything, the new synths would be terrific, espcially for stand-alone, though I worry about horsepower.
- Unreall

Just did the newest update this week and can confirm the software "crashes" every time I go to close it. That being said, I like the update overall as it seems to have fixed the random controller mode problem where the live was frozen but connected. I was on 2.4 afraid to do any updates because it had been the most stable
By Danoc Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:29 am
Dammmm. Im not opening the software at all.
By Cockdiesel Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:48 am
Wasn’t there a recent windows update? I’m just spit balling here but I see complaining about keyboards and stuff not working after this last update. Could be similar for apple but I wouldn’t know if they had a recent update.
By Lampdog Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:42 am
Not all of us have the luxury to do these things but if you can......

On PC, different System Restore point every week if doing heavy production work.

Always keep older versions of updates in archive if downloads are available.

If possible make a copy of your complete system as a VM, do updates on that VM first to see if things are good or bad.

If there is a spare computer load it up exactly as your main, use that as an update tester before committing updates to your main system.

There are many more ways to update proof yourself, these are just the some I’ve used on various systems to ensure I have a way back and/or continued operational readiness.

These can be done at home without much sweat.
By 40Beatz Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:21 pm
For me....

2.6 is the most stable!
By Lampdog Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:02 pm
After reading of crashes 2.7 and higher, I stayed with and never updated past 2.6.
By saltmcgault Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:17 pm
I'm surprised to say that the X hasn't crashed on me after re-installing the mpc software>driver>2.6 about 10 days ago, I probably just jinxed myself by saying this. I'm totally satisfied with 2.6.
By Lampdog Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:19 pm
Muhfuccin Salt!

GM MAN.
By Danoc Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:42 pm
2.7 has not crashed on me. Especially using the USB method for MPC live standalone
By BeatWilson Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:01 pm
No crashes here... I don't use the software but I did other day. I'm on the latest update.
By IMAKEMADBEATS Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:23 am
40Beatz wrote:For me....

2.6 is the most stable!

:nod:
By J.O.BEATS Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:25 am
Gonna give 2.6 a try because the newest update is annoying as **** with crashes and sequencer glitches. Man, I really like my live but who are the idiots who approve these update releases???