MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:29 am
User over at Gearslutz posted photos of new plugins on the MPC Live that was demo'd at NAMM recently, and it was in standalone. Aside from Bassline, Tubesynth, and Electric, there was an FM synth, and others:

Drum Synth, Electric Piano, FMX, FMiniSynth, Keyboards, Mellotron, Organ, Piano, Pop Brass+Woods, Solina, and Strings.

So... next update might actually bring a lot of new content, if anything. No Hype Synth, though - which is just weird... :lol:

Source:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... st14682598
By EnochLight Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:40 am
Bezo wrote:Looking forward to these, except for the drum synth.

I'm pretty stoked about an FM synth, even if it's just a basic. Hell, the MPC should be able to easily do at least a decent Yamaha DX7 emulation. A little disappointed there was no Hype Synth, though. Seems like a total miss that they wouldn't bring that over since it's already on the Force.
By Danoc Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:20 am
Wow :shock: nice. Yeah, see , that dam Akai. Man they should of added Hype. Many people asked for that. :WTF: They always do something like this. This is why people get upset, they move to funny. I would of taken hype over all that.

Good find Enoch.
By Fre$hBreath Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:03 am
I wanna hear what their Solina sounds like. I hope it comes out dope. And yeah that sucks that Hype is not coming to the MPC X...
By MPC-Tutor Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:27 am
Wonder what the difference between Electric and Electric Pianos is going to be? Seems odd to implement two electric piano plugins. Maybe one will be more sample based, but where are they finding the additional storage space for all this? I thought that was why Hype wasn't an option, needs many gigs of space for all the waveforms.

I suspect there's a bit more going on here, perhaps installable plugins to purchase separately.
By Bezo Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:06 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Bezo wrote:Looking forward to these, except for the drum synth.

I'm pretty stoked about an FM synth, even if it's just a basic. Hell, the MPC should be able to easily do at least a decent Yamaha DX7 emulation. A little disappointed there was no Hype Synth, though. Seems like a total miss that they wouldn't bring that over since it's already on the Force.

Maybe there's still hope and they just didn't tease it at NAMM.

MPC-Tutor wrote:...I suspect there's a bit more going on here, perhaps installable plugins to purchase separately.

Yeah, that's a lot of synths.