MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Kai5406 Fri May 01, 2020 6:05 pm
Hello All.
I bought my MPC ONE about 8 weeks ago & am trying to install some expansion packs. However The Akai tutorial videos show that it comes with loads pre installed. Mine seems to have only demos and factory content.
I'm trying to work out how to download from Akai. I register and it sends me to buying £198.00 license for desktop software. Can anyone help me please? Thanks
Kai.
By EnochLight Fri May 01, 2020 7:38 pm
Kai5406 wrote:Hello All.
I bought my MPC ONE about 8 weeks ago & am trying to install some expansion packs. However The Akai tutorial videos show that it comes with loads pre installed. Mine seems to have only demos and factory content.
I'm trying to work out how to download from Akai. I register and it sends me to buying £198.00 license for desktop software. Can anyone help me please? Thanks
Kai.

Assuming you registered your MPC One to your Akai account, go into your account and select "My Registered Products". You should see your MPC One at the top of that list. Scroll down, and look for all of the additional Expansions that you get under "Software Downloads". Keep scrolling - some are mixed in - it's not the most intuitive. Download them all. Run the installer on your PC or Mac, and install them. Connect your MPC One to your PC/Mac and enter Controller Mode so it shows up as a removable drive (assuming you have an SD Card or USB stick installed in it), or insert the SD Card or USB stick into your PC/Mac if you can.

Then launch the MPC Software on your PC/Mac, and Select the hamburger menu icon in the upper left, and select "File - Export - Expansion". All of your installed Expansions should show up now. Check off the ones you want to export onto your MPC One's SD Card or USB Stick. Select your SD Card/USB Stick location. Export. Fin!

Pro tip: when in Controller Mode, you MUST eject your SD Card or USB Stick from your PC/Mac before switching back into standalone mode or you WILL corrupt your storage. If you are inserting your SD Card or USB Stick directly into your PC/Mac, you must also eject it first before removing it as well. You cannot install Expansions onto the built-in storage on your MPC One.
By CharlesRandolph Fri May 01, 2020 8:00 pm
Kai5406 wrote:Hello All.
Kai.

Everything he said is correct, except this.
Pro tip: when in Controller Mode, you MUST eject your SD Card or USB Stick from your PC/Mac before switching back into standalone mode or you WILL corrupt your storage.

Because the MPC's one SD Card and USB Ports, in the current OS software version. Is not seen by the computer, when the MPC One is in controller mode.
By EnochLight Fri May 01, 2020 8:02 pm
Fair point. Then it's just as important to eject said SD Card or USB Stick from the computer before removing them. Good habit to get into, for sure. :nod:
By EnochLight Fri May 01, 2020 8:09 pm
NearTao wrote:You need to eject them from the MPC too :D

^^ THIS X 1000 ^^

So many users seem to have problems down the line and discover this hard learned lesson.