MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Jalen Sun May 03, 2020 3:08 am
hey, so I've bought the mpc one. I don't want to use the mpc software because I don't like the software at all and I also don't want to switch to another software because normally I use logic pro x. I saw u can use any other saw with the mpc using an mpc vest, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. is that the only option and when yes where can I get the vest? and also what is your workflow with the mpc and a saw?
By Eyalc Sun May 03, 2020 12:57 pm
The AU plugin should install when you install the software.

Although I use Logic Pro, I don’t use the plugin. It’s a poor implementation IMO, and doesn’t work very well within the workflow of a traditional DAW. Others may feel differently.
By NearTao Sun May 03, 2020 1:05 pm
Eyalc wrote:The AU plugin should install when you install the software.

Although I use Logic Pro, I don’t use the plugin. It’s a poor implementation IMO, and doesn’t work very well within the workflow of a traditional DAW. Others may feel differently.

In Ableton Live/Reason I had a similar feeling. It works... and is a decent way to record out stems in a lossless way, but it's also a bit 'uncomfortable' of a workflow, if that makes any sense.
By JUKE 179r Sun May 03, 2020 2:46 pm
:lol:
By EnochLight Sun May 03, 2020 7:08 pm
Whenever I use my MPC Live with Reason, I just use it in controller mode but do all of my work on the MPC via the TUI, because I absolutely 100% loath the MPC (desktop) Software and refuse to use it, aside from loading an instance up as a plugin.

I’m sure you could try the same approach in Logic, or sync it like Monotremata.
By Jalen Tue May 05, 2020 8:46 am

So what’s ur workflow? For example if I chopped up a sample on the mpc, and made a 4 bar loop and then I want to add an plugin effect like rc 20. Do I have to import the loop into logic, add the plugins and then export it back the Mpc? Seems hard, there has to be an easier way
By Menco Tue May 05, 2020 10:35 am
Jalen wrote:

So what’s ur workflow? For example if I chopped up a sample on the mpc, and made a 4 bar loop and then I want to add an plugin effect like rc 20. Do I have to import the loop into logic, add the plugins and then export it back the Mpc? Seems hard, there has to be an easier way

This would be a possibility if you want to stay in standalone mode. Or have your sample sent out through one of the assignable outputs into Logic, and have it sent back into the One. Or finish the beat without plugins and add them later once you've tracked out into Logic.

But if you really want to use plugins while building your beat, then the most efficient way would still be in controller mode with the software. Have the software as a plugin loaded up in Logic, and route all your audio from the MPC Software straight into Logic. Once you have set it up and saved it as a Logic template you don't really have to deal with the software GUI and have full control with the One itself. The software will only act as an interface. You can even close the software window and have Logic as your mixer. Once your beat is finished, tracking out into Logic is also a piece of cake. Don't have the Live anymore, but I load in most of my MPC2500 beats into Logic with the software in plugin mode.
By CharlesRandolph Tue May 05, 2020 11:05 am
Menco wrote:
This would be a possibility if you want to stay in standalone mode. Or have your sample sent out through one of the assignable outputs into Logic, and have it sent back into the One. Or finish the beat without plugins and add them later once you've tracked out into Logic.

But if you really want to use plugins while building your beat, then the most efficient way would still be in controller mode with the software. Have the software as a plugin loaded up in Logic, and route all your audio from the MPC Software straight into Logic. Once you have set it up and saved it as a Logic template you don't really have to deal with the software GUI and have full control with the One itself. The software will only act as an interface. You can even close the software window and have Logic as your mixer. Once your beat is finished, tracking out into Logic is also a piece of cake. Don't have the Live anymore, but I load in most of my MPC2500 beats into Logic with the software in plugin mode.

How integrated is your 2500 with Logic?
By Menco Tue May 05, 2020 11:39 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Menco wrote:

Not much. I do everything inside the 2500 as much as possible. Then I open Logic with the MPC Software in plugin mode and open my MPC project in there. Record what I have, sometimes it's a loop that I will built upon in Logic and arrange. Sometimes it's a whole beat and will only do mixing inside Logic.
By CharlesRandolph Tue May 05, 2020 11:44 am
Menco wrote:
Not much. I do everything inside the 2500 as much as possible. Then I open Logic with the MPC Software in plugin mode and open my MPC project in there. Record what I have, sometimes it's a loop that I will built upon in Logic and arrange. Sometimes it's a whole beat and will only do mixing inside Logic.[/quote]

How stable is Software inside of Logic for you? Any hiccups?