MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Tue May 12, 2020 12:53 am
kaydigi wrote:Looks like the same screen garbage that was happening to the Renaissance and Studio during 1.8 early 2.0 days.

It's very specific
My Ren on 1.9 would almost ghost horizontal slices of previous screens over new screens. Only ever did it when used as a plugin though.
Not seen a hint of it in the 3 weeks since I upgraded to 2.7
By ACRE Mon May 18, 2020 12:35 pm
@Lampdog
Thanks for your replies, i know you wouldn't advise if any risk, that's what forums are for, i guess.
Anyway, today, more than 2 weeks after the issue appeared, i still have no answer from akai, they must be really busy with the new update, new gear & so on, but the after sale service as always mattered to me, so sorry Akai, but you got work to improve there.
So, i've installed the 2.8 update ... drum rolls ... ... ... the QLink Oleds are still glitchy !!! I'll try the downgrade option today.
Wait & see.
By ACRE Tue May 19, 2020 6:37 pm
i'm still under warranty, my X is brand new, only 4 - 5 months old. So i'll contact the vendor then ... dammmm
By Rcmusic35 Thu May 21, 2020 9:56 am
I ‘m having this too, and some other guys too. I think it’s software not hardware. I think it happened with 2.6. It has been put on the beta forum months ago and it still not fixed, unless our X are all dead, i don’t think so.
By ACRE Fri May 22, 2020 8:54 am
I've contacted Akai for the 3rd time now ( 2weeks now) ... nothing back ... complete silent ... i received a mail last week saying "make sure to check your spam" ... hmmmmm ... how helpful was that ;-) of course i check my spam !! wait & see ... i really hope it's a software issue, i do need my Mpc, it's my main controller in the studio & the master clock for gigs so .... no repair send for me ...
By Rcmusic35 Fri May 22, 2020 9:26 am
ACRE wrote:I've contacted Akai for the 3rd time now ( 2weeks now) ... nothing back ... complete silent ... i received a mail last week saying "make sure to check your spam" ... hmmmmm ... how helpful was that ;-) of course i check my spam !! wait & see ... i really hope it's a software issue, i do need my Mpc, it's my main controller in the studio & the master clock for gigs so .... no repair send for me ...

Be confident it's software. because it's only happening in step seq mode. If it was a hardware problem, i'm not taking too much risk saying we would see the problematic letter at the exact same place in all other modes.
That being said this is not the worst bug, but it gets annoying when you put your money in the top end MPC with oled and that there are problems like this.

We just need Akai to look at it, but when you try to bring attention to a problem on forums (social media is the last thing i would do, but if needed, it will be done, because i have a lot of respect for music companies in general) after weeks waiting akai to answer or give a sign, you get smashed by a bunch of fanboys. I make beta testing for other companies and i can tell you they are very grateful when you come up with a bug they missed.
By ACRE Fri May 22, 2020 10:17 am
Be confident it's software. because it's only happening in step seq mode

that's why i keep waiting for a fix issue update ...

we would see the problematic letter at the exact same place in all other modes

that's what i think also but some other users think it might also be a hardware issue ... we don't really know actually.

this is not the worst bug

this is why i'm not upset about it, for the moment, as long as it stays like this ...

when you put your money in the top end MPC

i've been misunderstood saying this as well ... like the price has nothing to do with this problem, but still ...

Anyway, let's see what the future holds, i still have 2 years & a half of warranty, so for now i'm fine.
By ACRE Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:14 pm
Incredible !!! nearly a month since my request, it's the 3rd time i've contacted Akai ... Not a single word back from them ... the worse customer service i've ever experienced.
At least, i'm happy with X so ...
By 40Beatz Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:51 pm
In My Opinion....Akai....Was never a "Customer Service" type of Company. The Original Akai Company was notorious for putting out Equipment, maybe one or two Updates, then off to the Next Unit three years apart.
Akai has switched hands alot....I almost feel like thats whats happening now. InMusic is a Parent Company that has many others under its belt.

Covid has delivered a Gut Punch to the Customer Service/Technical Support to Akai. Things will get back to normal....soon i hope!