MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By NearTao Wed May 13, 2020 10:50 pm
tntmpc wrote:these companies should hire some engineers that actually make music

In software this is called UXD or User eXperience Design... the job is supposed to look at how people use it... make mistakes... and correct the interface. This is a very important part of product design. Akai probably has it... but may have reasons to ignore it... *shrug*
By Danoc Wed May 13, 2020 11:36 pm
The MPC live at this point has no value to ME!
1. Its not to my portable function anymore.
2. No larger screen, l don't give a dam about touch screen.
3. The constant diving to get to a certain point makes me sick.
4. Not in support to where Akal's heading so l hve to look out for me and my future and lve moved on.
5. I want to be able to make whole songs with top notch 3rd party instruments and effects.
6. I have a better way to make drums with Impact in Studio One 4.6, is ridiculous.
7. Akal's so called DAW is garbage. They the ones who jumped into the DAW game. It's not top notch, l have no confidence in it when producing music.

And l can go on and on. With the things lm experiencing while producing is why better than the live.
My Live is now in the box going to be sold. I never saw the day l wouldn't want to feal with the MPC. Im actually still shocked. The thinking patterns of those in Akai really makes me sick.
By CharlesRandolph Wed May 13, 2020 11:44 pm
Danoc wrote:The MPC live at this point has no value to ME!
4. Not in support to where Akal's heading so l hve to look out for me and my future and lve moved on.
5. I want to be able to make whole songs with top notch 3rd party instruments and effects.
6. I have a better way to make drums with Impact in Studio One 4.6, is ridiculous.
7. Akal's so called DAW is garbage. They the ones who jumped into the DAW game. It's not top notch, l have no confidence in it when producing music.

And l can go on and on. With the things lm experiencing while producing is why better than the live.
My Live is now in the box going to be sold. I never saw the day l wouldn't want to feal with the MPC. Im actually still shocked. The thinking patterns of those in Akai really makes me sick.

So the positive thing is, you've found the MPC LIVE 1 or 2 is no longer the platform for you. Nothing wrong with that. :nod:
By eclipxe Thu May 14, 2020 1:54 am
Danoc wrote:The MPC live at this point has no value to ME!

What direction would you want to see Akai go to win you back?
By Danoc Thu May 14, 2020 2:09 am
:lol: After l wrote that l knew you were going to say something lol so you invited me to say this:

When l have VSTis like the Triton vst l just got today and my Roland SRX series, Omnisphere, Serum, Eastwest Orchestral collection and so on, Akai is absolutely NOT EVEN CLOSE to the range where l am or wanna go. They wanna stay in the park playing with children. When your thoughts of putting a speaker on the MPC is hot l have to go! Im a grown azz man making grown azz man moves. That's some positivity fo yo azz!

Akais software wack! I dealt with that, l kept hope, now this? Im ghost! After l down load 2.8 for tbe live and sell it so when the person who buys it can just get busy lm never buying another MPC machine.
The set up lm about to embark on allows for me to not look back and have regrets. I was a die hard MPC fan, now its over!

This is where lm headed and lm excited

CharlesRandolph wrote:

So the positive thing is, you've found the MPC LIVE 1 or 2 is no longer the platform for you. Nothing wrong with that. :nod:
By Lampdog Thu May 14, 2020 2:19 am
NearTao wrote:4. new electronic device smell
By Danoc Thu May 14, 2020 2:34 am
Peace Eclipxe, l will answer your question, and don't take it personal, you're good people.

Win me back? Bruh lm f***ing gone! Akai couldn't win me back if they made the machine l want. The simple fact they are slow and going in reverse. Ive had my live since 2017 l don't use it that much. It boils down to l don't need it. Akai isn't advance enough for me. They sre not trying to advance. Point in fact, do you EC think that putting a speKer on the Live MKll is an advancement? Not for me. I don't know what the hell they are thinking but its not in my direction. Companies are moving in my directionl never knew existed. That's a dam shame. They could of put knobs in that space. Put the dam headphones jack in front so your cord won't abd wear out, and indtead of me reaching around the back...

When lm fed up bro lm fed up. I just bought a 32 inch monitor for my main compute and my lappy will get my 27 inch scren. Ima get a blown out lappy. CME K- Midi keyboard and my LPD8. This will be portable too. The drum machine in Stuio One called lmpact kills the MPC. That's why l dont use it. Someone toll me Logic has a nrw one that blows the MPC out the water. So you see its not just me. Older heads, 35 to 50 is making adjustments to leaving the MPC world. Either they will get the legacy machines or go my route.

Im tire of Pete, Andy and Dan and nem playing around. I down kniw what ground breaking mean to them but its not the same as mines.

This my exit interview , been rolling since 2001. Im gone!

Will the ral Akai stand up!

eclipxe wrote:
By eclipxe Thu May 14, 2020 3:46 am
Danoc wrote:Peace Eclipxe, l will answer your question, and don't take it personal, you're good people.

Win me back? Bruh lm f***ing gone! Akai couldn't win me back if they made the machine l want. The simple fact they are slow and going in reverse. Ive had my live since 2017 l don't use it that much. It boils down to l don't need it. Akai isn't advance enough for me. They sre not trying to advance. Point in fact, do you EC think that putting a speKer on the Live MKll is an advancement? Not for me. I don't know what the hell they are thinking but its not in my direction. Companies are moving in my directionl never knew existed. That's a dam shame. They could of put knobs in that space. Put the dam headphones jack in front so your cord won't abd wear out, and indtead of me reaching around the back...

When lm fed up bro lm fed up. I just bought a 32 inch monitor for my main compute and my lappy will get my 27 inch scren. Ima get a blown out lappy. CME K- Midi keyboard and my LPD8. This will be portable too. The drum machine in Stuio One called lmpact kills the MPC. That's why l dont use it. Someone toll me Logic has a nrw one that blows the MPC out the water. So you see its not just me. Older heads, 35 to 50 is making adjustments to leaving the MPC world. Either they will get the legacy machines or go my route.

Im tire of Pete, Andy and Dan and nem playing around. I down kniw what ground breaking mean to them but its not the same as mines.

This my exit interview , been rolling since 2001. Im gone!

Will the ral Akai stand up!

eclipxe wrote:

I respect that.

I love Studio One btw. With that being said, as soon as I got Logic's update, Studio One is going in the trash.

Sometimes I like being in the box, sometimes i like sitting with the MPC and zoning out. I agree with you, with software the possibilities are endless. MPC is limited...

But....I find that I have more fun working within those limits...sometimes. My music also tends to sound better when I make it on the MPC. Not always, but often.

I picked up an Octatrack to check it out and while it was fun, it made me like the MPC more.

Anyway, for me - I'm pretty happy about the speakers. They work for me - I can sit on the couch, zone out and play without worrying about cords and all that. That's pretty important to me from a quality of life thing, but not for everyone. I'm also *really* into the Splice integration. Having it all right there, organized by key, type, etc is even better than on my desktop. I guess I'm the exact opposite and the target market for a lot of what is being added - but I love this stuff. To each their own and respect your POV.
By Monotremata Thu May 14, 2020 3:55 am
1. Elegant black rubberized coating for instant dust and cat hair collection
2. Data knob easily comes off and doubles as a lego caltrop when escaping barefoot enemies
3. A cool tape delay plugin you can turn into screeching feedback just by yelling at it
4. BLINKY LIGHTS ON EVERYTHING
By CharlesRandolph Thu May 14, 2020 4:02 am
Getting what you need, to do what you want to do is priority one. Stay loyal to your vision, not the tools.

Danoc wrote::lol: After l wrote that l knew you were going to say something lol so you invited me to say this:

When l have VSTis like the Triton vst l just got today and my Roland SRX series, Omnisphere, Serum, Eastwest Orchestral collection and so on, Akai is absolutely NOT EVEN CLOSE to the range where l am or wanna go. They wanna stay in the park playing with children. When your thoughts of putting a speaker on the MPC is hot l have to go! Im a grown azz man making grown azz man moves. That's some positivity fo yo azz!

Akais software wack! I dealt with that, l kept hope, now this? Im ghost! After l down load 2.8 for tbe live and sell it so when the person who buys it can just get busy lm never buying another MPC machine.
The set up lm about to embark on allows for me to not look back and have regrets. I was a die hard MPC fan, now its over!

This is where lm headed and lm excited

By Danoc Thu May 14, 2020 4:07 am
I have S1v4 and Reason 11 and use them both to my advantage.

:shock: you're gettung rid of S1v4 , do you know what can sseriously can do?

eclipxe wrote:
I respect that.

I love Studio One btw. With that being said, as soon as I got Logic's update, Studio One is going in the trash.

Sometimes I like being in the box, sometimes i like sitting with the MPC and zoning out. I agree with you, with software the possibilities are endless. MPC is limited...

But....I find that I have more fun working within those limits...sometimes. My music also tends to sound better when I make it on the MPC. Not always, but often.

I picked up an Octatrack to check it out and while it was fun, it made me like the MPC more.

Anyway, for me - I'm pretty happy about the speakers. They work for me - I can sit on the couch, zone out and play without worrying about cords and all that. That's pretty important to me from a quality of life thing, but not for everyone. I'm also *really* into the Splice integration. Having it all right there, organized by key, type, etc is even better than on my desktop. I guess I'm the exact opposite and the target market for a lot of what is being added - but I love this stuff. To each their own and respect your POV.
By Danoc Thu May 14, 2020 4:08 am
YO ENOCH I WANT YOU TO PAY ATTENTION!

:popcorn:

Monotremata wrote:1. Elegant black rubberized coating for instant dust and cat hair collection
2. Data knob easily comes off and doubles as a lego caltrop when escaping barefoot enemies
3. A cool tape delay plugin you can turn into screeching feedback just by yelling at it
4. BLINKY LIGHTS ON EVERYTHING
Last edited by Danoc on Thu May 14, 2020 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Thu May 14, 2020 4:13 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Getting what you need, to do what you want to do is priority one. Stay loyal to your vision, not the tools.

:worthy: Profoundly said.
But... Just a couple of tools l will be loyal to because they will enhance my vision. No tools no vision to be accomplished. :wink: