MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.

MPC 2.8 worth the wait?

78%
6%
16%
By Certified Beatz Sun May 24, 2020 10:17 pm
That why I dont understand they dont have a full blown standalone version of the X firmware. Meaning audio card should be available to a daw in standalone with usb outputs. IdK that why I bought it..
By Lampdog Sun May 24, 2020 11:48 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Did they get the overlay? :lol:

No overlay needed on X. No overlay on X, but we all know that.

:lol:
By Danoc Mon May 25, 2020 5:42 am
CHARLES:
That has fractured the user base. Someone had an issue with their MPC LIVE 2 speakers, but no MPC X, LIVE, One user can help or relate. MPC Live and One user talk about the qlink overlay, but can MPC X users relate. Did they get the overlay? :lol:

That's real. When l saw a X user needed help l couldn't help even though l knew they were saying cayse l HAD. Live. :popcorn:
By Danoc Mon May 25, 2020 6:30 am
Its real funny some people say l got this machine and l do this and that but DON'T HAVE ANY MUSIC TO SHOW. It's weird as crap

By CharlesRandolph Mon May 25, 2020 9:48 am
Lampdog wrote:No overlay needed on X. No overlay on X, but we all know that.

Danoc wrote:That's real. When l saw a X user needed help l couldn't help even though l knew they were saying cayse l HAD. Live. :popcorn:

That's what happens when everyone has a different workflow, different machine, using the same OS with a different OS version installed. :lol:
By Danoc Mon May 25, 2020 10:31 am
I guess, if that make dudes brand new they need to get away from the machine and get back to reality.
Cats are looking crazy and its not a good look. :smoker: from what l am seeing 2.8 isn't worth it especially when people are rolling back to 2.6 or 2.7.2

What l find highly amusing is when someone says "AKAI WILL FIX IT", this has been regurgitated since 2017.
:WTF: do one mean it will be fixed when the previous hasn't? That's why l made my move.

Its simple l don't need the MPC IT NEEDS ME! :smoker:
By NearTao Mon May 25, 2020 10:43 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Lampdog wrote:No overlay needed on X. No overlay on X, but we all know that.

Danoc wrote:That's real. When l saw a X user needed help l couldn't help even though l knew they were saying cayse l HAD. Live. :popcorn:

That's what happens when everyone has a different workflow, different machine, using the same OS with a different OS version installed. :lol:

If you want to help more people you need to buy more MPCs :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Mon May 25, 2020 10:56 am
Danoc wrote:I guess, if that make dudes brand new they need to get away from the machine and get back to reality.
Cats are looking crazy and its not a good look. :smoker: from what l am seeing 2.8 isn't worth it especially when people are rolling back to 2.6 or 2.7.2

What l find highly amusing is when someone says "AKAI WILL FIX IT", this has been regurgitated since 2017.
:WTF: do one mean it will be fixed when the previous hasn't? That's why l made my move.

Its simple l don't need the MPC IT NEEDS ME! :smoker:

But how will you ever get that 90 Boom Bap, Techno, SP 1200, 12 bit warm, analog compression. :lol:
By Danoc Mon May 25, 2020 10:56 am
Da N.O.C.<------ fell the hell out :lol: :lol:

Neartao that ain't right. :lol:
Charles could help out everyone he has had all those MPCs lol
By Danoc Mon May 25, 2020 10:58 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
But how will you ever get that 90 Boom Bap, Techno, SP 1200, 12 bit warm, analog compression. :lol:

Is that a rhetorical question?

Ummmm do l buy The MPC MKII to get all that? :hmmm: as fugg!
By NearTao Mon May 25, 2020 11:25 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:But how will you ever get that 90 Boom Bap, Techno, SP 1200, 12 bit warm, analog compression. :lol:

Easy... create a Youtube channel about how to make LoFi the way Dilla did it... without EQ.
By NearTao Mon May 25, 2020 11:34 am
Danoc wrote:Cats are looking crazy and its not a good look. :smoker: from what l am seeing 2.8 isn't worth it especially when people are rolling back to 2.6 or 2.7.2

Some folks here are also approaching this from their personal perspective of right and wrong, not how Akai sees it.

The unwanted changes from 2.7.2 to 2.8 are being discussed as bugs, though I'd personally talk about it as a regression.

Regardless what you call it though, it is *possible* (though unlikely) that Akai sees this as the new proper behavior, and that previous versions had the wrong behavior. If Akai sees this as the proper behavior while we see it as a bug or regression... it is much less likely that it will be fixed since it could be defined as the new standard.

To the folks out there upset about some of the changes... my suggestion is to check the docs, and see what they say is the proper operations... and file bugs against what Akai has actually written... but that sounds like a lot of work...