MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lumi Sun May 17, 2020 12:31 pm
wavejockey wrote:if (only) with long(er) samples, try re-setting or setting the play mode to something different, to see if that makes any difference

settings - sequencer - truncation

Yeah I tried.
The samples are exactly long as the sequence anyway, I imported ready like that.
It's definitely a bug happening only with "note on" samples of drum tracks.
They keep playing even when muted.
By Lumi Sun May 17, 2020 5:07 pm
AWW~NAWW wrote:Yeah this is a bug or some sort of protocol conflict with one of the new features.

Possibly something connected with midi protocol and note off command.
Instead of muting the track on next sequence, keep it on and put the level in track view (shift+main) at 0.
By Scott Righteous Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:35 am
I've just noticed this bug, and it's not only a mute thing for me. If I mute - I hear a quieter version of the track, but if I drop the level of the output to zero, I also stilll hear a quiet version of the track, so there is no way to mute/zero that volume out, something is leaking.

With all the complex routings of the MPC, I tripled checked that no inserts or sub channels were used. No effects that might be sending out somehow.

This is quite terrible for live use!
By 40Beatz Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:26 pm
Does it happen on every project? Or just One Project?
By Kofla00 Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:53 pm
Hi, for the record. Same issue here. MPC one 2.8.1. One of my tracks continues to sound despite being muted. it doesn't even take on the effects, since the original sound continues to sound on top.
By jackmate Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:21 pm
same problem...
its not the midi that is muted, but the audio of the corresponding program?!
2.8 is unusable for my live situation, which is somewhat fine for now, that covid
cancelled all gigs, but it makes the machine useless for my useage.

also i noticed a recognizable lag in all midi syncs, going from the MPC to external gear, as well as the other way round..the audio lags to the midi , even if there´s no samples or fx or anything loaded up..

this machine is getting worse, the more stuff they integrate, instead of fixing the main problems..
By Danoc Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:31 pm
OMG :shock:
NOC <-----Fell the crap OUT!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bees80 wrote:meanwhile at akai support HQ

By nkdvkng Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:36 pm
I had the same issue. I had to add a Mute ON event to shut off the sample I muted but in the next sequence. And vice versa at times