MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By tntmpc Fri May 15, 2020 7:14 pm
Is it now possible to open a song made in mpc software in the AKAI PLUG IN and export midi from each track to the daw and have each track playing separatly ?

you know type of shit we were able to do 30 years ago on all akai samplers and all previous mpcs... :WTF:

Some songs will get too complicated to start fully sequencing them in the Akai software and id rather do it in the DAW

so i just have one sequence and export midi from each track

but as soon as i go to track 2 in the akai plugin is playing that track 2 sound on track 1 ...

thx for your help if its actually possible or maybe we will wait another 3 years for this to happen
By eLuSiVeMiTe Fri May 15, 2020 7:21 pm
tntmpc wrote:Is it now possible to open a song made in mpc software in the AKAI PLUG IN and export midi from each track to the daw and have each track playing separatly ?

you know type of **** we were able to do 30 years ago on all akai samplers and all previous mpcs... :WTF:

Some songs will get too complicated to start fully sequencing them in the Akai software and id rather do it in the DAW

so i just have one sequence and export midi from each track

but as soon as i go to track 2 in the akai plugin is playing that track 2 sound on track 1 ...

thx for your help if its actually possible or maybe we will wait another 3 years for this to happen

Arm tracks or set monitor to in.

Mines playing like that as I type

Edit.
I'm assuming you've set each track in daw to push midi on channel 1 to 16
And tracks in mpc to receive likewise.
By tntmpc Fri May 15, 2020 9:15 pm
yes that works thanks a lot :worthy: i managed to play back midi on each seperate tracks

some plugs with multi functionality like falcon require internal midi setting to the good channel

i cant record my pad's midi yet probably some settings issue..

still its a big step foward for the MPC / DAW people
By eLuSiVeMiTe Fri May 15, 2020 9:26 pm
tntmpc wrote:yes that works thanks a lot :worthy: i managed to play back midi on each seperate tracks

some plugs with multi functionality like falcon require internal midi setting to the good channel

i cant record my pad's midi yet probably some settings issue..

still its a big step foward for the MPC / DAW people

Yup. Pleased akai finally caught up with the 1980s and sorted midi out. :D

I ran into the same issue tbh

Only because reaper won't push midi without a track armed that put me on the cause .

No more working In a single program for me
Makes my life easier
By tntmpc Sat May 16, 2020 10:26 pm
yes it works
open a standalone or a song made in mpc software in the vst plug in the daw
export midi from track 1 drag n drop to daw
in akai vst arm the track and set monitor to IN and assign midi channel 1, then delete the midi in that track in the akai VST
in your daw make a instrument track and assign channel 1
then u ll have the daw playing that midi and the mpc sending to audio channel mixer outputs 1/2
repeat process for each channel and select next audio output 3/4 - 5/6 ect in order to have each track from mpc on a different mixer track in your daw
and voilà as my man said AKAI finally caught up with the 80s and finaly made those new mpcs an open system that lets u communicate with the outside world.
before that that it felt like our "center piece" of our studio had the apple/iphone philosophy ...

i must add that its a long process (many clicks for each track) and that once i do that i wont try to tweak that song in the mpc plugin anymore
ah and i couldnt manage make the mpc pads send midi to the daw while recording but thats probably more testing required
good luck
By tntmpc Sat May 16, 2020 11:19 pm
you talking audio ? if u wanna go the audio route why not just bounce all your sequence in wav tracks and import them in daw

my goal was just for some songs that require the daw flexibity
to send 1 mpc sequence to daw in midi and do the rest of the sequencing in midi in there
By eLuSiVeMiTe Sat May 16, 2020 11:38 pm
tntmpc wrote:yes it works
open a standalone or a song made in mpc software in the vst plug in the daw
export midi from track 1 drag n drop to daw
in akai vst arm the track and set monitor to IN and assign midi channel 1, then delete the midi in that track in the akai VST
in your daw make a instrument track and assign channel 1
then u ll have the daw playing that midi and the mpc sending to audio channel mixer outputs 1/2
repeat process for each channel and select next audio output 3/4 - 5/6 ect in order to have each track from mpc on a different mixer track in your daw
and voilà as my man said AKAI finally caught up with the 80s and finaly made those new mpcs an open system that lets u communicate with the outside world.
before that that it felt like our "center piece" of our studio had the apple/iphone philosophy ...

i must add that its a long process (many clicks for each track) and that once i do that i wont try to tweak that song in the mpc plugin anymore
ah and i couldnt manage make the mpc pads send midi to the daw while recording but thats probably more testing required
good luck

Midi back to daw is my next hurdle. Got distracted rebuilding a track over 8 programs rather than spread out over 1 program (to get around Omni...)

Don't forget to set inputs to in btw.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Sun May 17, 2020 1:24 am
tntmpc wrote:thats why i delete the midi in the mpc track after i drag n drop it in daw
or maybe we not talking about the same thing

Nope.
You end up with a loop if you send from the same track your receiving on. Midi sent to daw then sends to mpc and so on (just caused the internal midi to disable itself)
Easy to do from a separate midi track mind.

Need to devote an hour to trying out a few ways around it. Will let you know what I come up with.