MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JasonSparks Sat May 16, 2020 1:22 pm
I got all excited about the MPC 2.8 update dubbed 'Multi Midi'. For some background, I use my MPC Live and the internal sequencer to trigger MPC drum programs and also a load of external synths via midi. MPC Live is great for ideas but when it comes to complex arranging and structuring I'd reach for Apple Logic. The problem was there was no way of triggering multiple MPC drum programmes from Apple Logic hence one of my previous posts about Multitimbral midi on the MPC. The older MPCs supported multitimbral midi just like the AKAI range of samplers.
I've installed MPC 2.8 but still can't work out how to trigger MPC drum programs from Apple Logic (or any other sequencer). Anyone else worked it out?
By Caustic Yoda Sat May 16, 2020 9:48 pm
Ive found it to be mostly working great in standalone in standalone via midi clock but not timecode, usb midi outs and ins functioning (running 5 devices well apart from one synth (korg monologue) messing with the tempo, i think its actually the synths fault but still should be able to kill its clock from the live, this update has addressed alot of the big problems, i think it will take a bit of fine tuning before perfect for all things
By tntmpc Sat May 16, 2020 10:12 pm
i havent messed with logic since Apple bought it and made it mac only but i managed to make it work in studio one so you should too

arm the tracks and set monitor to IN instead of AUTO on mpc plug in

assign the same midi chanel in daw and in mpc

and you should be ok

took me a while to make it work thank again for the tip from ElusiveMite