MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Sabbah Sat May 16, 2020 2:48 pm
Hey guys just recently got a MPC live pretty new to the MPC world my cousin gave me a bunch of SND files from his old MPC 2000 XL trying to figure out how to load them up using the software any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated
By Lampdog Sat May 16, 2020 3:57 pm
Drag and drop from computer to pad (SND Akai type) same as you would a WAV.

SND I used was created from scratch on 2kxl, no problems loading in mpc software 2.6.

May/may not have problems with Apple type SND.
By JVC Sat May 16, 2020 7:09 pm
Lampdog wrote:Drag and drop from computer to pad (SND Akai type) same as you would a WAV.

SND I used was created from scratch on 2kxl, no problems loading in mpc software 2.6.

Wow, I didn't know that AKAI still support SND format!
By the way, THE SND format from MPC (Akai's) is different format from Apple's (NeXT Computing's) SND format. It is very confusing.
By peterpiper Sat May 16, 2020 8:52 pm
JVC wrote:
Lampdog wrote:Drag and drop from computer to pad (SND Akai type) same as you would a WAV.

Wow, I didn't know that AKAI still support SND format!
By the way, THE SND format from MPC (Akai's) is different format from Apple's (NeXT Computing's) SND format. It is very confusing.

Yes it is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SND_(file)

WAV isn't less confusing tho.
WAV is a container format, this I already knew but I've just learned that a wav file can contain compressed data like mp3. So you can put mp3 into a wav container as far as I understand :)

peace