MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By maara Mon May 18, 2020 7:08 am
I just hit a funny bug in 2.8....
In one sequence, I have set a track to send midi to another internal midi track. Now, when I copy the sequence, I no longer see this midi routing ("Send to" is set to "none"), yet the track is still sending midi to another internal midi track (based on the original sequence) so it's extremely confusing because it should be either bound to the sequence or at least show the midi routing correctly.
Any idea what is the best way to report such a bug?
By EnochLight Mon May 18, 2020 7:16 am
maara wrote:I just hit a funny bug in 2.8....
In one sequence, I have set a track to send midi to another internal midi track. Now, when I copy the sequence, I no longer see this midi routing ("Send to" is set to "none"), yet the track is still sending midi to another internal midi track (based on the original sequence) so it's extremely confusing because it should be either bound to the sequence or at least show the midi routing correctly.
Any idea what is the best way to report such a bug?

The best way is to use Akai's "Get Satisfaction" forums:

https://getsatisfaction.com/akai_professional/
By RedW6lf Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:38 am
So I just encountered this bug today. I swear on everything that I've never had this issue before. I've been on 2.8 and 2.8.1 the entire time I've had my Live II and I'm not sure why I'm just now running into the issue. I know that I haven't experienced this issue before because ALL of my beats uses the same method as OP described (midi routing), and all of my sequences that I've ever created before are still in tact and work as they should.

Now, however, as of today, whenever I copy a sequence I run into the same issue. The midi routing gets all messed up and the sounds from the previous sequences are still getting triggered and played somehow even though it shouldn't be possible. So, now I have to go into each program and redo the original midi routing for each new copied sequence. Huuuuuuuuuuge pain in the arse for my workflow.

I've tried resetting my preferences, reinstalling the firmware, and nothing. Now the bug just seems to be ever present and it's just so weird that this was never an issue up until today. I'm not sure at all what might've caused it to happen either.
By RedW6lf Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:44 pm
wavejockey wrote:so this must be tied to some setting or user protocol and not (only) to a FW issue/version

Seems so? I was surprised to find that this has already been a known issue for some time.