MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Justinian Mon May 18, 2020 1:07 pm
I was sending midi into the mpc live from my keys with the MPC in standalone mode. There was this weird error and now when i play midi into the mpc while a pattern is playing the notes will be Short plinky staccato notes with like 2 ms of sustain. I turned all my gear on and off and its still doing it. But when the pattern is stop the internal plugins on the mpc will play with normal sustain.
Help ?
By 777god Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:02 pm
I’m having similar problems.. no one here seems to know anything about this specific problem. Personally, I’m starting to regret Ever thinking that the MPC X would heighten the enjoyment of my workflow. I didn’t spend 23 hunnit just to run into problems :hmmm:
By 40Beatz Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:08 pm
Lol whats the exact problem? It may be the Controller and not the MPC?
By bees80 Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:16 pm
777god wrote:I’m having similar problems.. no one here seems to know anything about this specific problem. Personally, I’m starting to regret Ever thinking that the MPC X would heighten the enjoyment of my workflow. I didn’t spend 23 hunnit just to run into problems :hmmm:

Interesting since that you registered today and it is your first post.

Anyway, reset your mpc, connect the controller again. All should be fine.

If not, throw your mpc in the swamp and write a letter in blood to roger linn, sprayed in with dogbreath perfume.
By Tabletop Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:47 pm
bees80 wrote:
777god wrote:I’m having similar problems.. no one here seems to know anything about this specific problem. Personally, I’m starting to regret Ever thinking that the MPC X would heighten the enjoyment of my workflow. I didn’t spend 23 hunnit just to run into problems :hmmm:

Interesting since that you registered today and it is your first post.

Anyway, reset your mpc, connect the controller again. All should be fine.

If not, throw your mpc in the swamp and write a letter in blood to roger linn, sprayed in with dogbreath perfume.

:shock: :shock: :lol:
By DeaDeus Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:10 pm
trying to understand your issue.... cause I have not faintly this issue
But MIDI is a weired thing by itself - due to connectivity between the different external instruments.
Somehow it sounds like a MIDI echo. Happens if MIDI notes ghosing through the system.
- Say a master keyboard is NOT local off (my one is completeley local off), the played keys are likely to be sent through the cables...
Question - is your master keyboard NOT sending any MIDI information (exept sysex or cc info like note bending etc) ?
It should not. I have set up my MPCX, to play my master keyboard only if I switch to the appropriate Track on the MPC...

EDIT: of course it plays the the sounds of my master keyboard, as it send the notes via the set MIDI channel as it suppoed to do....