MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CharlesRandolph Sat May 23, 2020 9:58 am
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:Only one of those I can truthfully answer yes to is No2

If this was me, I would tell myself. To not buy the gear. Instead work on creating, finishing, and releasing projects. Set short term and long term goals. It's not the gear, it's me.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Sat May 23, 2020 10:10 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:Only one of those I can truthfully answer yes to is No2

If this was me, I would tell myself. To not buy the gear. Instead work on creating, finishing, and releasing projects. Set short term and long term goals. It's not the gear, it's me.

Appreciate what your saying.
Tbh it will help. Wife's mid degree and I'm regularly locked out of the office while she's studying weekends and evenings.
Being able to perch up on the sofa work on tracks and keep an eye on the kids is a plus.

Though I'm likely to lose it to my 8yo
He's picking it up quickly.

Currently I'm lucky to pinch an hour or two at the end of the day when I'm exhausted to play.
By CharlesRandolph Sat May 23, 2020 10:18 am
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:
Tbh it will help. Wife's mid degree and I'm regularly locked out of the office while she's studying weekends and evenings.
Being able to perch up on the sofa work on tracks and keep an eye on the kids is a plus.

Currently I'm lucky to pinch an hour or two at the end of the day when I'm exhausted to play.

Hey, then go for it and do what you need to do. :nod: But like I said, that's my thought process. It's not recommend for others to follow.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:48 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:

Hey, then go for it and do what you need to do. :nod: But like I said, that's my thought process. It's not recommend for others to follow.

You started me thinking.

Sold off some engineering machines and had a little spending spree.
Tr8
Td3
Pro 1
Crave
Neutron
Rack mixer and fx
And a keystep.
That will bring something to my workflow. ;)
Thanks for the nudge
By NearTao Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:21 am
Nice pickups... I've been selling stuff off like crazy myself to refocus on what I'm interested in moving in to. I'm laughing a bit at how much some of this gear has gone up in value... some folks are really itching for older boutique gear, and I'm kind of done trying to get it into my workflow.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:28 am
NearTao wrote:Nice pickups... I've been selling stuff off like crazy myself to refocus on what I'm interested in moving in to. I'm laughing a bit at how much some of this gear has gone up in value... some folks are really itching for older boutique gear, and I'm kind of done trying to get it into my workflow.

I'm in the same boat with the tools I've been selling. Made an excellent return so far.
Roll on the end of the week.

Should have read tb3