MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Fri May 22, 2020 9:23 pm
Just got my Live 2 yesterday. Something I noticed is that when I'm using the built-in speaker, when I first touch the volume knob on the upper left to adjust the volume, it momentarily fades out real quick before popping back in. This seems to be random, though I've recreated the phenomena both in standalone mode as well as using it as an audio interface.

Anyone else experience this? :hmmm:
By EnochLight Sat May 23, 2020 7:44 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Not many ATM, certainly not available in Europe for at least another 4 weeks apparently

Well crap. Hopefully some more people will chime in - there's got to be someone out of the 50 or so regulars around here that picked one up besides me. :lol:
By EnochLight Sat May 23, 2020 5:08 pm
bees80 wrote:Already got a volca fm mate? :)

No, but I've got the Volca Drum. It's a blast!

NearTao wrote:You might need to wait another week or two for folks to have them land in their laps. But certainly an interesting topic to keep an eye on.

Yeah, hoping some new owners will chime in here. Need to confirm it's likely software related before I go through the trouble of sending it back.
By EnochLight Sun May 24, 2020 4:35 pm
I've got one user on GS that confirmed the behavior on his/her Live 2 as well. Seems to only happen once when you first start up and adjust the volume knob while audio is playing.
By EnochLight Sun May 24, 2020 4:50 pm
Hmmm.. my Live 1 didn't have that sort of issue. I'll need to test my Live 2 further to see if this affects the main-outs when I have the speaker off.
By J.O.BEATS Sun May 24, 2020 5:11 pm
EnochLight wrote:Hmmm.. my Live 1 didn't have that sort of issue. I'll need to test my Live 2 further to see if this affects the main-outs when I have the speaker off.

Both my ren and live did exact same thing and my buddies X the same. Would be curious to see how many on here have had the same issues. I just assumed it was an issue most people experienced.
By NearTao Sun May 24, 2020 6:08 pm
J.O.BEATS wrote:They’ve had problems with the main outputs and volume pot since the ren. Left output goes quite at lower volume, static pot etc. would make sense similar issues with internal speakers.

Yeah, the input on my 3/4 on the MPC X is probably 3-4db lower than the right... which is annoying, but not impossible to correct.
By NearTao Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:42 pm
@Enoch...

Mk2 just showed up... I've been messing with the volume knob and not having any fade out problem as you've describe when on speakers... I tried to ride the knob fast, slow, hard, etc... and not getting any momentary silence on my end.

Next I'll check out the inputs... because I'm hoping I don't have one louder than the other :roll:

EDIT: spelling