MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Caustic Yoda Fri May 22, 2020 11:48 pm
Hi all, will be looking into this myself shortly but wondering is anyone has managed to get a class comliant audio interface working on the usb of the live/x? im guessing if can be done with midi it shouldnt be impossible perhaps. i know this has been discussed awhile back but now midi over usb is working in theory it could be hacked im hoping or if akai wanted to be nice
By Lumi Sat May 23, 2020 12:20 pm
If Akai wanted to be nice. Ahah that's nice.
If I understood correctly, you can use an audio interface in controller mode but still not on standalone.
So you can have multitrack output with software but still not on standalone.
Also audio over usb would be a great solution: you connect an usb cable and your standalone sends separate tracks with usb cable to a recorder or multitrack.
That would be dope.
By NearTao Sat May 23, 2020 1:17 pm
In controller mode you can indeed use any audio interface you'd like, as long as it can be recognized by your computer.

For a test on MPC X 2.8, I connected my Zoom H6 as a stereo class compliant audio device and the MPC was not able to recognize it in standalone mode. So for now at least, no way to add more inputs/outputs in standalone.
By DokBrown Tue May 26, 2020 8:14 pm
When I record to final audio clips, I run my drum machines/synths thru an old Yamaha mixer eq/compression before they hit the MPC inputs but this would have been super sweet.

Can the MPC X record on all 4 inputs at 1 time into 4 separate mono tracks ?
By Caustic Yoda Wed May 27, 2020 3:37 am
cheers, yeah in controller mode tracking to daw is fine the interface is only for playback theres no conversion going on apart from listening as the sounds are already on the pc, i just really would like another 8ins and outs via a usb interface in standalone, should really be able to plug a class compliant audio interface in like to an ipad, sure it will get there even if akai arent nice they will eventuallly have to be competitive with others. laptop mpd226, nice interface and mpc software beats the live in controller mode just a bit of a clunky setup
By EnochLight Wed May 27, 2020 12:31 pm
Caustic Yoda wrote:cheers, yeah in controller mode tracking to daw is fine the interface is only for playback theres no conversion going on apart from listening as the sounds are already on the pc, i just really would like another 8ins and outs via a usb interface in standalone, should really be able to plug a class compliant audio interface in like to an ipad, sure it will get there even if akai arent nice they will eventuallly have to be competitive with others. laptop mpd226, nice interface and mpc software beats the live in controller mode just a bit of a clunky setup

If Akai wanted to do this right, they’d introduce actual disc streaming at the same time as adding class compliant audio interface support in standalone mode. One can dream...