MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jalex Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:48 am
i installed 2.6 and it behaves exactly like 2.8 ..
if the pad is muted while triggered, if you unmite the pad/track before the next triggering, you'll hear nothing.

i do it with clips triggered at 1bar
By Guilleonline Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:36 am
jalex wrote:i installed 2.6 and it behaves exactly like 2.8 ..
if the pad is muted while triggered, if you unmite the pad/track before the next triggering, you'll hear nothing.

i do it with clips triggered at 1bar

^^^
Yeah this is how it has always worked for me on the X and I still run the 2.6 version. Funny because I was recently telling myself how nice it would be to be able to unmute halfway and hear the sample play like in a DAW instead of waiting until the next cycle.

Where is the "instant mute" option anyway? I only use the mute from the tab on the screen.
By jalex Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:39 pm
NearTao wrote:Instant mute option is in the system settings

Well yes, but it has no effect on the situation described above.
It mutes the track when pad is pressed, but the unmuting still has to wait for the next trigger in the sequencer.. for me at least
By Lampdog Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:08 pm
Track mute on midi drum program seems to be a “note off” event when people are expecting the audio to continue in the background. A midi mute will kill the note event until next “note on” event. In a drum program the sample is tied to a midi note.

CLIPS audio is still playing when muted, unmute will simply open up the audio and you’ll continue hearing that audio playing, constant audio, If unmuted AFTER the audio restarts you still won’t hear it. That seems wrong to me tho.
By Symianbeatz Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:14 pm
This has been winding me up tonight, definitely not the kind of behaviour I was expecting, been bashing out some drum and bass with amen chops etc and I seriously thought I maybe had set something up wrong, any other software I've worked with the mutes have been exclusively audio and the midi is still triggered.. seems a strange omission or choice on akais part for the mutes to kill the midi too
By Seedylee Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:49 am
The Korg Kronos has an option to do this, which is quite nice. You can essentially either mute the audio or the midi, and you can automate the change in behaviour with system exclusive messages too.
By Seedylee Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:08 am
It’s under Global, with two options: Live and Studio. Live mutes the MIDI data, Studio mutes the audio. Silly names perhaps, but super useful for different ways of working.