MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Scott Righteous Sun May 24, 2020 11:16 pm
I thought it would be easy to set up the looper to go out of outputs 3+4 so that you can have some programs just going to the main out 1+2 skipping the looper, while other programs go to the looper.

But the issue is that i can't set the looper input to be an output, or a sub-mix, and I can't route a program send to go to the looper.

The only solution appears to be routing programs to outputs 5+6, and have physical cables wired back into the sample inputs. This seems like a really hacky solution and eats up all my 6 outputs.

Am I missing something?

Can the "resample" input channel be routed so that it's not taking from the main?
By NearTao Sun May 24, 2020 11:33 pm
Scott Righteous wrote:
Can the "resample" input channel be routed so that it's not taking from the main?

Not at this time... though maybe in the future? It certainly would be handy to at least be able to pull off of a submix even.

You *could* do what you want by using Outs 1/2 for the looper, and then having your programs mostly output to 3/4 or 5/6... but this obviously isn't optimal for a number of other reasons...
By Lumi Mon May 25, 2020 1:49 pm
Scott Righteous wrote:I thought it would be easy to set up the looper to go out of outputs 3+4 so that you can have some programs just going to the main out 1+2 skipping the looper, while other programs go to the looper.

But the issue is that i can't set the looper input to be an output, or a sub-mix, and I can't route a program send to go to the looper.

The only solution appears to be routing programs to outputs 5+6, and have physical cables wired back into the sample inputs. This seems like a really hacky solution and eats up all my 6 outputs.

Am I missing something?

Yeah I think it would be wonderful to choose which tracks/programs could go to the looper but at the moment you are stuck to the master channel.
It would be also good to let the looper work witj just an output (like 3/4) or a submix as you say.
The looper has been put on Mpc and didn't upgrade since the beginning.
Let's hope they take care of it on a future update.