MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Wed May 27, 2020 5:10 pm
TROLL wrote:
saltmcgault wrote:I think he wants to have a musical duel with you.

DERPA DERPA DERPA BLAH BLAH BLAH

:roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Wed May 27, 2020 5:24 pm
Unreallystic wrote:I'm kind of "eh" on the DAW bashing here. It's real easy to blame the DAWs, hell I do at times, for feeling like they are taking you away from the music, but that's just an excuse. Ableton doesn't take you any further from making the music as the X. The difference is just you guys liking the workflow more (which is fine - that's not a shot).

DAWs are only clunky when not setup with Templates or when the user frankly hasn't learned the DAW to the same extent. The MPCs are easier to wrap your heads around, but if you know Ableton, then you can get around just as fast with the a mouse or the Push as you can the MPC. With a DAW, you can do more than you can do with an X, and that depth is usually not needed - so it seems like a distraction.

But as someone who practices live looping - and started with Ableton, and I'm NOT a pro, I don't feel like the DAW is any less clunky in most regards than a MPC. I can easily record in from one of my synths and go from there, or record in from some vinyl and chop it the exact same way as the MPC. Its just a steeper learning curve becayse you "can" do more, and seems more clunky because most people don't invest the time they should into the setup.

With all that said, yeah, I like that my MPC takes me away from the computer. It is still a screen, but the tactileness of it just feels more refreshing, and makes it feel better for staying in the lane of making music.
- Unreall

I agree.
By CharlesRandolph Wed May 27, 2020 5:27 pm
peterpiper wrote:Yes, clean your monitor with monitorcleaner and a white papertowel and you'll see what kind of ish is on everything in that room.

This is very true. That and the keyboards. Sometimes I watch these youtube videos and it's like they never cleaned those drums pads. :lol: I'm like first, get a manicure and second clean your gear.