MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Soleil Mon May 25, 2020 11:11 am
Hi Everybody,

I'm considering to buy an MPC One, but i have a few question:
if you record a drumtrack, is it possible to export the snare, kick, hi-hats separately as a WAV file into a DAW (if necessary)?
Can you import drums sound easily from a laptop and can you do this via the USB connection?
And what are your thoughts on the MPC One?
Thanks,
B
By NearTao Mon May 25, 2020 12:36 pm
Soleil wrote:Hi Everybody,

if you record a drumtrack, is it possible to export the snare, kick, hi-hats separately as a WAV file into a DAW (if necessary)?

You can export this way if you put each sound on its own track.

Soleil wrote:Can you import drums sound easily from a laptop and can you do this via the USB connection?

You can do this easily with USB storage or with an SD card. The One cannot mount over the USB connection that you'd connect to the computer.

Soleil wrote:And what are your thoughts on the MPC One?

Seems like a handy device, a few folks I jam with really like it for it's size and workflow.
By Danoc Mon May 25, 2020 12:42 pm
Yes you can export patterns separately. In the main window where you made the patterns you have to "EXPLODE" and ut will separate the kick, snare etc. Then when its time to export, on that paged you have to explode again to get the separate tracks as the patterns you made in the sequencer.

Yes to import kicks and snares etc is really easy.

Soleil wrote:Hi Everybody,

Can you import drums sound easily from a laptop and can you do this via the USB connection?
And what are your thoughts on the MPC One?
Thanks,
B
By kaydigi Mon May 25, 2020 1:28 pm
This may not be important to you, but akai has blocked a feature via firmware.

You can not see content on your SD card/ usb stick when you have your MPC One in controller mode.

It may not seem like a big deal but it’s really bizarre to stop a user from doing this via firmware block.

The Live, X, Force do not have this limitation.