MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By todayidance Mon May 25, 2020 4:09 pm
It is possible to stop the MPC sending out midi CC64 messages of 0 when the stop transport button is pressed?
CC64 corresponds to sustain normally.
When I hook up my Elektron Model:Cycles it responds to CC64 by changing machine type...
Be great to figure how to stop the MPC sending CC64 out when the stop button is pressed.
Cheers
By peterpiper Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:23 am
The MPC sends CC64 when transport stop is pressed???
The Elektron interprets CC64 to change machine type??? (What does machine type even mean......EDIT oh I just dled the manual and I guess you talk about the machines Kick,Snare, Metal, Tone, Perc etc. right?)

Ok, if you don't use other CC you could switch on the CC filter on the Elektron (MIDI -> Filter)
If this is not an option cause you need other CC to control the Elektron then.....what about parameter lock on the Elektron (this might sound stupid but I don't have the Elektron so I only can guess :) )

I don't have any of the new MPCs only the MPC Beat software so there might be similar settings. PREFERENCES ->MIDI/SYNC. Play with settings (MMC Send OFF etc.) This will help to find out what the heck is goin on :)

peace
By wavejockey Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:37 am
it's not really logic that there's a (suspend) sustain message when the sequencer stops
-note(s) can sustain after you pressed stop
(or not in this case)

what if you used a sustain pedal on the MPC itself ?
does that override the [stop] sustain message from the sequencer ?
By SakisX Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:26 am
I don't have a pedal , but now I understand that you want to keep sustained notes on stop.
Well, I can think only workarounds such as using smartphone for midi filtering which will work , or maybe controlling MPC transport from other hardware or smartphone to send a pause message instead of stop
By JRC Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:19 am
It's been a year since the last post on this thread. I'm currently having the same issue. CC64 is causing random notes to be triggered with my midi controller, and the CC64 spam is actually bogging down the software in my MPC Live to the point where I have to restart the thing...

Has anyone been able to figure out how to stop CC64?
By jamos Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:20 pm
I can confirm that the MPC sends a STREAM of Sustain Off (cc64) messages every time Stop is pressed. It's clearly both intentional (to kill sustaining notes) and buggy (because it sends so many).

I think the only solution, until Akai fixes this, is to use something like a MIDI Solutions Event Processor to filter the offending messages.

I have found numerous bugs in the MIDI data sent out: phantom volume messages that sent but not visible in any track; multiple consecutive program changes on startup, etc. I wish Akai would track these down and fix them.

I really should apply to be a beta tester.
By DeaDeus Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:04 am
jamos wrote:...I have found numerous bugs in the MIDI data sent out: phantom volume messages that sent but not visible in any track; multiple consecutive program changes on startup, etc. I wish Akai would track these down and fix them....

How about a filter for MIDI data. It is a natural thing for most synth - at least for key data.
On the other hand - the midi clock (mentioned it several times) should be running constantly to avoid start jitter of external gear.
By wavejockey Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:09 pm
i think this is the INmusic solution for the other bug that the MPC has with sustaining notes cutting each other off in / when playing 2 inputs (keyboards etc) simultaneously on different MIDI channels
By B-Wise Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:12 am
wavejockey wrote:i think this is the INmusic solution for the other bug that the MPC has with sustaining notes cutting each other off in / when playing 2 inputs (keyboards etc) simultaneously on different MIDI channels

So we got bugs, killing bugs...damn Akai, that's a new low. :smh: