MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By PurpleDrizzler Tue May 26, 2020 4:01 am
Excuse my ignorance if there is an obvious answer to this, but I just got my first MPC about a week ago and I am having issues with editing an audio clip that I recorded. Basically I recorded in some audio from an external synth onto an audio track, but it not allowing me to use any of the audio editing functions. The buttons "Reverse", "Mute", and "Warp" are all greyed out and not able to be activated. Can someone tell me why this is? I would really appreciate your help
By Lampdog Tue May 26, 2020 5:39 am
Things are greyed out/not available when you are in the wrong mode/track type, etc.
By EnochLight Tue May 26, 2020 6:15 am
PurpleDrizzler wrote:Excuse my ignorance if there is an obvious answer to this, but I just got my first MPC about a week ago and I am having issues with editing an audio clip that I recorded. Basically I recorded in some audio from an external synth onto an audio track, but it not allowing me to use any of the audio editing functions. The buttons "Reverse", "Mute", and "Warp" are all greyed out and not able to be activated. Can someone tell me why this is? I would really appreciate your help

Assuming you are in Audio Edit mode, press the arrow selection tool in the upper right, then select the waveform on your TUI. The reverse, mute, and warp buttons will then appear active.
By EnochLight Wed May 27, 2020 12:23 pm
EnochLight wrote:
PurpleDrizzler wrote:Excuse my ignorance if there is an obvious answer to this, but I just got my first MPC about a week ago and I am having issues with editing an audio clip that I recorded. Basically I recorded in some audio from an external synth onto an audio track, but it not allowing me to use any of the audio editing functions. The buttons "Reverse", "Mute", and "Warp" are all greyed out and not able to be activated. Can someone tell me why this is? I would really appreciate your help

Assuming you are in Audio Edit mode, press the arrow selection tool in the upper right, then select the waveform on your TUI. The reverse, mute, and warp buttons will then appear active.

@ PurpleDrizzler - did this address your problem?