MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By wenoyoc Wed May 27, 2020 12:11 am
What do you think is the easiest and best way to get individual tracks from the MPC into a DAW?

The tracks are usually already arranged in the MPC.

I want to continue working on them in Ableton.

Yes, I'm noob. :smoker:
By Danoc Wed May 27, 2020 3:53 am
Best way to get your tracks into a DAW is to EXPLODE AND EXPORT. You don't have to deal with wires and can export as many tracks you need in one shot. Save yourbstems to a USB stick and bring the stems into your DAW and you're good to go.
By Analect303 Sat May 30, 2020 1:57 pm
Explode that shite. I use an SD card and then eject it and plop her in the laptop for arrangement and further editing in Reason. I suggest creating a designated "exploded projects" folder and then a new folder for each individual project to keep things nice and organized. And then copy the folder with all your stems to your computer just in case your dog eats your SD card. :(
By EnochLight Sat May 30, 2020 2:32 pm
wenoyoc wrote:What do you think is the easiest and best way to get individual tracks from the MPC into a DAW?

The tracks are usually already arranged in the MPC.

I want to continue working on them in Ableton.

Yes, I'm noob. :smoker:

Which MPC do you have? The Live and X can export your project into an Ableton Live project file...