MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:36 pm
Ahhhhh I see what you sayin...
By djsonice Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:30 pm
But the "Mon:In" trick is just a workaround right? I just thinking having the mute button on the screen is less useful now when performing live or when wanting to audition some rhythms.
By Daryl H Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:14 pm
I got this problem to and its very frustrating. Im used to switch between live pad performance and recorded tracks on my Mpc1000 but cant same to get any sound out of the pads when track is muted!! I whas hoping this would be fixed with the new update? Do I have to write Akai about it or?
By Artur Hc Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:56 pm
I have 2 mpc live one with 2.7 and another with 2.8, you are right about the silence in all the notes, it is very uncomfortable, before you could play the pads in MUTE. It is also true that the older mpc could do that.
If there is any solution in 2.8 for that problem, someone writing it, there should be more complaints about this problem.
By SakisX Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:54 pm
2.9 still present
Workaround (killing workflow ,I don't use it ,but it works so I post it if anyone is interested)

- Create midi track
- "Send to" the track you want
- Set pad perform to trigger the correct notes or transpose to 20 semitones the midi track
- Record something

Muting the midi track ,mutes the recorded notes , but interestingly you can still trigger the other track (either from the muted midi track , or from the track hosting the samples)
By ProgenyBeats Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:39 am
Akai just needs to fix this bug. Seriously! If that feat: is on all the other old mpc’s, then why name this MPC “LIVE”? It’s a great feature to have to have sounds playing on the same program but if you feel like muting a sample on the same program to play something else live and can’t! That’s just absurd. Another thing they need to add back into the mpc is where you can load multiple sequences. Lots of new features that they are adding should have just added it on the touch. This is just MHO. Akai at least add the Track mute feature back!!! :WTF:
By ace_of_dub Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:06 am
ProgenyBeats wrote:Akai just needs to fix this bug. Seriously! If that feat: is on all the other old mpc’s, then why name this MPC “LIVE”? It’s a great feature to have to have sounds playing on the same program but if you feel like muting a sample on the same program to play something else live and can’t! That’s just absurd. Another thing they need to add back into the mpc is where you can load multiple sequences. Lots of new features that they are adding should have just added it on the touch. This is just MHO. Akai at least add the Track mute feature back!!! :WTF:

Please share your complain there:

https://www.akaipro.com/support
By Mumi One Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:43 am
This has been frustrating me for so long now. Whenever I mute this track my pads with the samples are muted. Has anybody ever figured out how to solve this problem.
Your answers are much appreciated. Thank you and Happy Halloween
By Menco Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:22 am
It’s just the way Track Mute works unfortunately. Hope they will straighten this out one day. For now I just move over to the very next track and assign the same program as a work around.