MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By bees80 Wed May 27, 2020 7:23 am
Just came across this.. Sorry if already reported. Seems like that if you have muted a track and then go into program edit, all the sounds are muted if you press any pad. If you un-mute the track and go back to program edit, you can play them.

Wasn't like this before 2.8 and I also don't get it.. Program mode should be separate from tracks.
By Lumi Wed May 27, 2020 11:44 am
That's a reply from a Mpc beta tester on facebook:

"I verified this issue using 2.7 and 2.8.

On 2.7, when a track is muted when Sequence playback starts,a note on message is sent with the sample playing at a MIDI volume of 0. When the track is subsequently unmuted, the sample plays back immediately and doesn't have to wait for another note on message.

I wrote this up and entered it into the bug data base. "
By bees80 Wed May 27, 2020 11:51 am
Hmm.. it's a bit different then what i am reporting. I experience this also when not playing the sequence. Sometimes you just want to mute a track, but still be able to hear the sounds from the program. If you then go to another track that isn't muted with the same program, you do have playback in program edit mode.

I just think it's silly the program gets muted if you mute a track. Because the midi events from the track should get muted, not the program itself. And it wasn't like this before 2.8.
By 40Beatz Wed May 27, 2020 1:36 pm
Hmmmm I havent seen that problem yet. However....

I do notice that when i Mute a Track, I CANT Play the Sounds of that track on the Pads. Whether the Sequence is playing or not.
By bees80 Wed May 27, 2020 2:10 pm
That's also indeed happening! And wasn't happening before..

I guess it kind of makes sense if you are on the muted track in main mode. But if you go to program mode, it's just plain silly that all the pads are muted and very confusing.

But.. i guess Akai has had 234590234023498234789982435 complaints about track mutes now.. So let's wait for that update.
By 40Beatz Wed May 27, 2020 2:38 pm
Yea that Getsatifaction page is Blowin up with Complaints...Eliza said...."im outta here!"

I think Akai is using in-house Beta Testers instead of members of the Akai Community. Its like Akai went Dark after releasing the 2.8 and Live MK2
By bees80 Wed May 27, 2020 2:44 pm
Maybe.. I mean there is a lot to consider regarding this whole covid situation and how companies adjust to that. I notice it in the company i work too..

Maybe they also had to let go of some beta testers? I'm not sure if it's a paid job or not. But i did read somewhere on the forum that a guy from the akai promotion team was let go, as example.. So many people getting fired now.
By Lumi Wed May 27, 2020 2:46 pm
40Beatz wrote:Yea that Getsatifaction page is Blowin up with Complaints...Eliza said...."im outta here!"

I think Akai is using in-house Beta Testers instead of members of the Akai Community. Its like Akai went Dark after releasing the 2.8 and Live MK2

I guess they knew that multimidi would have messed up all Mpc architecture and that many complaints would come out because of that.
And I guess they are now checking without replying and they will start fixing all and it will take time to chase bug by bug, conflict by conflict and so on.
Maybe it's a sort of roadmap.
By solrac Thu May 28, 2020 2:38 pm
I saw someone on a Facebook group share a fix for this...

You should set your monitor state to In to get this behaviour now.
This one here, you can also set it in midi track inspector

I've not tried it yet but thought I'd share as I've seen a lot of people upset with this one! 8)
By wavejockey Thu May 28, 2020 4:12 pm
maybe it's a dead end

but very very annoying indeed about the program mute while switching between MAIN and PROGRAM EDIT
By Caustic Yoda Thu May 28, 2020 7:18 pm
you should always be able to play the pads reguardless of whether the selected track is muted, this is how mpcs have always worked, its a bug or some shit programming if not
By bees80 Fri May 29, 2020 10:50 am
solrac wrote:I saw someone on a Facebook group share a fix for this...

I've not tried it yet but thought I'd share as I've seen a lot of people upset with this one! 8)

Thanks! gonna try this when i get a chance..

Yeah amen to jockz and yoda.. it's just silly
By 40Beatz Fri May 29, 2020 1:52 pm
I tried it....Didnt work for me. Track Mute now Mutes the WHOLE Track....Pads n Everything
By Lumi Fri May 29, 2020 2:25 pm
40Beatz wrote:I tried it....Didnt work for me. Track Mute now Mutes the WHOLE Track....Pads n Everything

Yeah there's not a "note on" on triggered muted tracks as before.
The samples where triggered anyway but at no volume.
Now as you unmute the track, Mpc waits for first "note on" after unmuting.
It's definetely changed and uncomfortable.
By solrac Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:55 am
Further update on this from the og author...

Make sure you don't turn mute on! Setting the monitor to 'In' is instead of using mute, not as well as ✌️

Now mute is like a total track mute of input and output instead of just output.

solrac wrote:I saw someone on a Facebook group share a fix for this...