MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By bees80 Wed May 27, 2020 3:47 pm
I don't need to, i got what he said and it was kind of what i've expected.

Akai marketed in a promo video as ''monitor speakers''. Of course they do that. A lot of people don't know anything about monitors, let alone all the fancy terms you listed :D
By CharlesRandolph Wed May 27, 2020 3:56 pm
bees80 wrote:I don't need to, i got what he said and it was kind of what i've expected.

Akai marketed in a promo video as ''monitor speakers''. Of course they do that. A lot of people don't know anything about monitors, let alone all the fancy terms you listed :D

Well if you want to know about speakers, those are some thing you listen for. :nod:

How does the music translate?
How many db does it take to distort them?
What kind of drivers are they?
How much does the unit vibrate when using it?
Are the mid scooped?
Is the LF and HF, hyped?
Do the drivers emit any noise?
By NearTao Wed May 27, 2020 4:39 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Do the drivers emit any noise?

I hope so, if they don't make any noise then it's definitely not a good upgrade :D
By Lumi Wed May 27, 2020 4:48 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Lumi wrote:Is there anything that really makes you recommend mk2 instead mk1 apart from speaker?

If you have no need for CV out or the speaker, and the additional buttons don't seem like a big sell, then absolutely not. The additional size and weight is really noticeable.

That said, if you feel like your MK1 battery is starting to show its age, then that might be another positive about the 2, since the battery is brand new.

Strangely after 3 years my battery is still working good, I can still use it for 4/5 hours.
I don't use cv actually and the shortcuts are good enough to change modes.
So I will definitely stay on mk1.
Thanks for the review.
By CharlesRandolph Wed May 27, 2020 4:50 pm
NearTao wrote:I hope so, if they don't make any noise then it's definitely not a good upgrade :D

:lol:
By EnochLight Wed May 27, 2020 5:11 pm
TROLL wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Strange! You had your ass handed to you and now you're trolling a thread that has nothing to do with you!

BLAH BLAH BLAH

:lol: :lol: :lol: