MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Brother Walt Wed May 27, 2020 3:36 pm
I have had my Mpc X for seven months and I must say that it is a wonderful machine but I am on unit number 2 and am still having freezing issues. I called Akia and they said the freezing is due to too much material being saved on the internal hard drive. Therefore, I erased all material on the internal hard drive and stored it on my Samsung T5. Unfortunately, that did not solve my problem. I bought the X because I wanted a stand alone Daw. But I don’t think that the X can handle the work flow. I use it to record full songs that I have either covered or wrote. I believe that using the audio tracks as instrument tracks may be the reason for the freezing. But I honestly don’t know, hence the reason I am reaching out. I no longer trust the X as an instrument for live performances because of the freezing. But I created my show around the X and it is the hub of my studio! Disappointed!!!
By CharlesRandolph Wed May 27, 2020 4:17 pm
Brother Walt wrote:I have had my Mpc X for seven months and I must say that it is a wonderful machine but I am on unit number 2 and am still having freezing issues. I called Akia and they said the freezing is due to too much material being saved on the internal hard drive. Therefore, I erased all material on the internal hard drive and stored it on my Samsung T5. Unfortunately, that did not solve my problem. I bought the X because I wanted a stand alone Daw. But I don’t think that the X can handle the work flow. I use it to record full songs that I have either covered or wrote. I believe that using the audio tracks as instrument tracks may be the reason for the freezing. But I honestly don’t know, hence the reason I am reaching out. I no longer trust the X as an instrument for live performances because of the freezing. But I created my show around the X and it is the hub of my studio! Disappointed!!!

Unfortunately these MPC's have issue when pushed to hard. Especially when tracking full length song and using too many effects. When I first got these MPC's I tested it. I tracked similar to what I would do on desktop but when only 8 audio tracks and all the music was midi, plug in and drum programs.

Let me tell you a little bit about drop city. :lol: Best advice is to limit the effects, optimize your samples, watch the track length.
By Lumi Wed May 27, 2020 4:50 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Brother Walt wrote:I have had my Mpc X for seven months and I must say that it is a wonderful machine but I am on unit number 2 and am still having freezing issues. I called Akia and they said the freezing is due to too much material being saved on the internal hard drive. Therefore, I erased all material on the internal hard drive and stored it on my Samsung T5. Unfortunately, that did not solve my problem. I bought the X because I wanted a stand alone Daw. But I don’t think that the X can handle the work flow. I use it to record full songs that I have either covered or wrote. I believe that using the audio tracks as instrument tracks may be the reason for the freezing. But I honestly don’t know, hence the reason I am reaching out. I no longer trust the X as an instrument for live performances because of the freezing. But I created my show around the X and it is the hub of my studio! Disappointed!!!

Unfortunately these MPC's have issue when pushed to hard. Especially when tracking full length song and using too many effects. When I first got these MPC's I tested it. I tracked similar to what I would do on desktop but when only 8 audio tracks and all the music was midi, plug in and drum programs.

Let me tell you a little bit about drop city. :lol: Best advice is to limit the effects, optimize your samples, watch the track length.

I also had issues with heavy projects but I noticed that 2.8 optimization solved those issues.
It seems Mpc is more performative with 2.8.
But the downside is that there are minor bugs that can be a bit annoying and I had two crashes since I installed 2.8.
By 40Beatz Wed May 27, 2020 5:00 pm
I would also suggest loading the Orignal Content back on to the Internal Drive. Whenever i erased my content, my X/Live started trippin out. Put it back on there.,...and its all good
By CharlesRandolph Wed May 27, 2020 5:17 pm
40Beatz wrote:I would also suggest loading the Orignal Content back on to the Internal Drive. Whenever i erased my content, my X/Live started trippin out. Put it back on there.,...and its all good

+100 I agree, but to add, you still can't push these machines that hard without some kind of hiccup.