MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By GoddamnSam Thu May 28, 2020 3:54 am
I've never used the MPC software much but I'm wondering if it's possible to create a project in the MPC software (multiple sequences and programs, mute groups and slices, automation) and export the whole thing to stand alone for live performance?

I understand vsts wont export unless I bounce them to audio samples.
By EnochLight Thu May 28, 2020 4:04 am
GoddamnSam wrote:I've never used the MPC software much but I'm wondering if it's possible to create a project in the MPC software (multiple sequences and programs, mute groups and slices, automation) and export the whole thing to stand alone for live performance?

Yes, it can be done (sans VST as you said). But the MPC Software is really just a utility for actual MPC’s. I find it about as inspiring to work in as a state park outhouse. Do you have a hardware MPC to work on already? Say like the One, Live, or X?

There’s other limitations as well (such as audio track count and length)...
By GoddamnSam Thu May 28, 2020 4:15 am
I feel you, I did try and learn the software for a bit, but it was a bit much to learn. I wasnt in the mood for learning a new DAW. I use ableton to make samples for my mpc.

I do have an mpc live with 2.7 ( all these bug posts dont make me wanna upgrade)

Just looking to see if it's worth it to try and use the software for the purpose of faster workflow and larger visuals.
By CharlesRandolph Thu May 28, 2020 6:53 am
GoddamnSam wrote:I've never used the MPC software much but I'm wondering if it's possible to create a project in the MPC software (multiple sequences and programs, mute groups and slices, automation) and export the whole thing to stand alone for live performance?

The easiest way to learn the software, is to use the MPC in controller mode. Press a button on the MPC and see what registers in the software. The learning curve for the software is not much, if you already know how to use the mpc.

There are some guys on here, who uses the MPC Software and create quality compositions. I know how to use it and I can create on it without any issues if I need too. It's limited in it features, has some hiccups, but as I said before, it's 100% usable if you don't have other options.

Learn it and see what happens. That's the only way to ever truly know, what it can do for you.
By MPC-Tutor Thu May 28, 2020 11:38 am
Bar VST plugins, the projects should be interchangable as long as the project doesn't break memory and CPU limitations in your standalone MPC. There are a few other minor differences though (e.g. warping in keygroup programs isn't available in standalone, software has the better warp algorithm, no REX file support in standalone etc) but for 99% of projects you should be fine.
By EnochLight Thu May 28, 2020 2:37 pm
GoddamnSam wrote:I feel you, I did try and learn the software for a bit, but it was a bit much to learn. I wasnt in the mood for learning a new DAW. I use ableton to make samples for my mpc.

I do have an mpc live with 2.7 ( all these bug posts dont make me wanna upgrade)

Just looking to see if it's worth it to try and use the software for the purpose of faster workflow and larger visuals.

Whether it's worth it or not is subjective. As a utility program, it's not really designed to be the center of your production, but many use it that way. It's convoluted and horrible to look at - it's basically a textbook case example of how NOT to design a GUI/UX. :nod: :lol: Using your Live in controller mode would be the easiest way to see what each feature does relatively speaking. Makes me wonder why Akai doesn't design a proper GUI/UX for the desktop software that mimics the TUI on the standalone MPC's. :hmmm:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At any rate, enjoy!
By kaydigi Thu May 28, 2020 3:29 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Whether it's worth it or not is subjective. As a utility program, it's not really designed to be the center of your production, but many use it that way. It's convoluted and horrible to look at - it's basically a textbook case example of how NOT to design a GUI/UX. :nod: :lol: Using your Live in controller mode would be the easiest way to see what each feature does relatively speaking. Makes me wonder why Akai doesn't design a proper GUI/UX for the desktop software that mimics the TUI on the standalone MPC's. :hmmm:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At any rate, enjoy!

Yeah it’s getting more convoluted by the day.
By EnochLight Thu May 28, 2020 4:14 pm
kaydigi wrote:Yeah it’s getting more convoluted by the day.

Seems that way!