MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bezo Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:04 pm
What I would like to see added is the ability to grab the actual grid, DAW style, and copy/paste a full bar and maintain note position. When the 1st note is not on the grid, it's tedious and sometimes not possible to maintain the exact position. Even with snap off, we don't get access to every step of the grid.

The only way I've been able to copy/paste with 100% accuracy is to Copy Events.
By 40Beatz Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:06 pm
I Do 95% of my Note Adjustments either in Sequence Edit or List Edit. My fingers are too fat for Precise Grid Edits lol
By Lampdog Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:02 pm
Bezo wrote:.....we don't get access to every step of the grid.

For small incremental values, while nudging, with TC OFF, hold SHIFT while using data wheel.

Holding SHIFT can be used in any screen where small incremental values (1 value) need to be dialed in.
By Bezo Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:27 pm
Lampdog wrote:
Bezo wrote:.....we don't get access to every step of the grid.

For small incremental values, while nudging, with TC OFF, hold SHIFT while using data wheel.

Holding SHIFT can be used in any screen where small incremental values (1 value) need to be dialed in.

Cool, didn't know it applied there.

My request still stands though. Being able to grab the grid is much more efficient than nudging my way into position
By Lampdog Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:26 am
Yep, it is!

I think over-using the SHIFT button for incremental changes is a FAIL.
1 click of the wheel should equal 1 increment. Q-links shouldn’t skip over numbers either.
Q-links should covers all numbers/values.