MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By weareneurotic Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:33 am
Sorry for a lot of typo, accidentally press post and can’t do anything hahaha. I edited the typo here

weareneurotic wrote: Hi there, for everyone that can’t connect the MPC to your Ableton (Ableton Live Control
Integration), this is for you guys.

I'm currently preparing live set performance for my band and this thing will be the main thing on stage.

I did my research and also sending message to AKAI and also asked to a lot of MPC Facebook Page.

After weeks even almost a month of headscratching hahahahaha, this is what I can share.

First of all, I experienced all bad experiences you all experienced here.

I tried

1. Computer -> Ethernet Cable -> WIFI Router (With and Without Internet Connection) -> Ethernet Cable -> MPC ONE
2. Computer -> USB to Ethernet Converter -> Ethernet Cable -> MPC ONE

also

3. Computer -> USB -> MPC ONE (Just because somebody from one of the Facebook Page said so)

Also did all the suggestions on this forum but what I got is,
the Ableton and MPC connected (Ableton Link logo showed up and metronome lights sync, and I can press play on MPC and Ableton session will start),

but the "Control" Page on my MPC always said "Waiting for Communication from Ableton Live" also on the Control Surfaces on Ableton Preferences, there is NO option for IN and OUT for AKAI MPC FORCE.

Then I contacted AKAI, message AKAI on the “Ableton Live Control Integration” youtube video, they replied to me with a short answer. "Be sure to have the proper driver installed".

Then I re-install my firmwire, suddenly the Control Surface on Ableton preferences (AKAI MPC FORCE) showing IN and OUT and also on MPC’s Control, it shows Ableton Session View.

So happy tried to messing around, until the next day, back to same problem hahahahaha!

Tried a lot of things, somebody here said try to reinstall AKAI Professional Network MIDI, and also reinstall the firmwire, restart the computer, basicly i repeat all of the stuff that I did.

Then it's working but still, sometimes it's not.

Then message AKAI again on the youtube video, and they still ghosting me hahahaha.

So back to doing another headscratching and super emotional proccess hahaha

Then so far this system is kinda stable this one week, I hope it will be always stable. This is what I can share with you guys.

STEPS

1. Re-install the Firmwire. If your installer said it's already up to date, just reinstall it. Also you can also try re-install the AKAI Professional Network MIDI, i'm not sure if it's helping, but why not trying.

2. From my experience, the signal should go from MPC VIA ETHERNET CABLE TO THE COMPUTER,

Then it's up to you either you want to use the ethernet cable
a. straight to the computer,
b. or via WIFI Router,
c. or via ethernet to USB converter,
d. or even via ethernet to USB Thunderbolt thingy converter

3. Don’t forget to setup the sync on MPC Setting (Akai-> Settings-> Midi/Sync-> Receive is set to Ableton Link)

4. Then THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST RELIEVE MOMENT WHEN I FOUND THIS MAKES EVERYTHING STABLE

TURN ON THE AKAI MPC FIRST, After you sure the MPC is ON, then turn on the Computer. And then of course Turn on the AKAI Profesional MIDI Network, do the setup, and turn on ableton, and do the setup

I would say this is the most and last thing I found and it is very important, cause so far if I TURN ON THE AKAI MPC FIRST, it always make a difference.

My computer immidiatelly recognized as easy as we saw on that MPC tutorial video, and it's always back to

'"Control" Page on my MPC always said "Waiting for Communication from Ableton Live" also on the Control Surfaces on Ableton Preferences, there is NO option for IN and OUT for AKAI MPC FORCE'

situation if I DIDN'T TURNED ON THE AKAI MPC FIRST

5. To check it's gonna work or not, I always open Ableton and check the preferences,

as long as The Control Surface (AKAI MPC FORCE) INPUT and OUTPUT options both showing AKAI NETWORK - DAW CONTROL, i'm sure you're got to go.

5. And you can find the rest of the tutorial here or on AKAI tutorial video.

Thank you so much, hope it's helping, and because of this post, finally I made an account here hahahaha.

https://tell.ie/WeAreNeurotic
By Lampdog Mon May 29, 2023 1:24 am
I noticed that too. Icon is not there. I don’t use Ableton so after that I paid it no attention, but, yup, I noticed.
The manual doesn’t mention Keys61 in the Live Control section, at all.
By ppajko Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:13 am
I am also having this issue on a mac studio ultra ventura 13.4. If I follow the uninstall and reinstall of the network drive it then works, but once I shut down the computer and start it back up then the Akai network midi driver in Ableton is grayed out and mpc x is not showing the Live control screen.
Each and every time the Akai network software is finding the mpc x with valid IP.

BwQuestion wrote:Ok. For anyone that may run across this at a later date. I had to:

Completely un-install the Akai Network Driver from my computer,
Then reboot the computer,
Power on the Akai and tell it to go into Live Control. The message pops up on the Akai screen. Ignore it.
Run the installer for the Akai Network Driver. It will reinstall and tell you that you need to reboot again. Leave the Akai on with the message and reboot the computer.
When the computer reboots, open Ableton Live and it should connect to the Akai device.

If it does not:

Check that the Ableton Live Options-> Settings-> Link Tempo Midi -> Show Link and other options are on.
Check that the Akai-> Settings-> Midi/Sync-> Receive is set tp Ableton Link
Check that your firewall is allowing TCP Port 20808 both in and Out. I made a specific rule just for this in case the outbound got blocked by something else by mistake.

If It still does not work for you after these steps, it is possible you have some registry issues caused by cleaner tools such as CCleaner and the like. A reinstall of all the software will need to be done to correct the missing registry entries.

Hope this helps others that may have this pain issue.