MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Farmaleon Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:06 am
LIVE CONTROL does not start in MPС LIVE. Ableton Live 10 Suite .
I turn off the firewall, create a Wi-Fi Hotspot in Windows 10 Professional 64, connect with AKAI MPC Live with Firmware 2.8 to a PC, launch Akai Professional Network MIDI Control Panel and see my MPC's ip addres in Configured Remote Device, in MIDI/SYNC preferences MPC select RECEIVE to Ableton Link, press MENU and at the top of the screen in "SYNС" I select Ableton Link, then launch Ableton and click "Link". In MPС and Ableton, 1 link is shown. MIDI receives a signal from MPC to Ableton, but LIVE CONTROL still reports "Waiting for communication from Ableton Live".
Reinstalling the MIDI driver 1.4.1 does not solve the problem.
By Zoelastik Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:57 pm
Following ...

Got the same issue with my W10 main computer :
- latest update on ableton, MPC firmware, driver and windows
- tried to disable FW with no luck
- Sometime/randomly work if i start "Akai Professional Network MIDI Control Panel" the switch between "No configured device" and the MPC on the menu

It work fine on a OSX laptop :/
By EnochLight Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:17 am
Weird. Works fine for me on Windows 10, MPC Live 2, and Reason 11 Suite. Start my Live 2, set the sync to Ableton Link, start Reason, set sync mode to Ableton Link - they link immediately.
By BwQuestion Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:16 pm
Anyone ever get this figured out? Ableton Live 11 seems to see 1 link and the Force seems to see 1 link. Ableton gets the tempo from the Force, but the Force just shows the message "Waiting for communication from Ableton Live.
By BwQuestion Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:16 pm
Ok. For anyone that may run across this at a later date. I had to:

Completely un-install the Akai Network Driver from my computer,
Then reboot the computer,
Power on the Akai and tell it to go into Live Control. The message pops up on the Akai screen. Ignore it.
Run the installer for the Akai Network Driver. It will reinstall and tell you that you need to reboot again. Leave the Akai on with the message and reboot the computer.
When the computer reboots, open Ableton Live and it should connect to the Akai device.

If it does not:

Check that the Ableton Live Options-> Settings-> Link Tempo Midi -> Show Link and other options are on.
Check that the Akai-> Settings-> Midi/Sync-> Receive is set tp Ableton Link
Check that your firewall is allowing TCP Port 20808 both in and Out. I made a specific rule just for this in case the outbound got blocked by something else by mistake.

If It still does not work for you after these steps, it is possible you have some registry issues caused by cleaner tools such as CCleaner and the like. A reinstall of all the software will need to be done to correct the missing registry entries.

Hope this helps others that may have this pain issue.
By Monotremata Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:15 pm
Eh doesnt work on the Mac anymore either. Finally bought the Live Suite this weekend, every single time, waiting for communication from Ableton, yet the tempo works, and link works fine too (I can see the Master meter running on the MPC). They seem to 'sync' just fine too with the link. Thought this was because the Network MIDI app is broken on MacOS Big Sur but sounds like we're all having the same trouble both Mac and Windows heh.. I've noticed Ableton doesn't even list the MPC on their website as devices that support Ableton Link, but theyve got all of Akai's controllers on there.
By Kiti Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:16 pm
I've been having trouble with this using a Mac on Big Sur running Ableton 11 & MPC LIVE (Firmware 2.7). Is there anything I can do? Does anyone know why this issue is happening? The driver just shows up blank for me & I'm getting the same "waiting for Ableton" message as everyone else
By Zoelastik Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:40 am
Need to share a solution that worked for me :

For better network performances, with files transfer between with my NAS, i'd activated the Jumbo Frames (MTU 9000) on my computer network interface.

Sertting back to a normal 1500 MTU solved the issue !

This also solved another issue i had with LiveControl not functionning.
By Monotremata Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:13 pm
I wonder why they dont make any mention of the Network MIDI driver on that page with the support info.. To be honest, the Live worked perfectly fine on Big Sur even when it was still a developer beta but the Network MIDI app had no GUI. It still connected to the MPC though regardless and I was able to sync it to Logic using ethernet. Around the 11.2 or 11.3 update, Big Sur broke it, and it wont connect the MPC to the computer anymore. Akai has made all kinds of statements getting everything up and running and for some reason they keep neglecting that one component.

Can they even still advertise the Ableton integration since its broken and doesnt work? I cant even get regular old Ableton Link to work over wifi. I can see the MPC and Ableton connected (the sequence/master button on the MPC shows it) but nothing. Neither one starts the other, they dont stay in sync if I hit play on both, nada.
By hyena Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:16 pm
i'm on an hackintosh laptop (os Catalina on an hp zbook workstation).
before the 2.10 update i had no issues with Ableton Link or Live Control, it all went smooth, while on my old windows 10 pc i had lots of issues. then i upped to 2.10, live control was still working but ableton link not. never recognized. so i re-downloaded the akai midi network, installed, checked, it didn't work. i was **** furious because it was very comfortable for me to properly sync up everything (mpc, eurorack and ableton live for in grid recording).
today i started the Akai midi driver app on the hackintosh (keep in mind that prior to 2.10 i didn't had to run the app for ableton link or live control to work), it has gui bugs, but immediately my ableton link started working again. even if i close the akai network midi app it works as before, perfectly. VEERY strange, so i suggest you try to download again the network driver, run it, close it. re open it, reboot computer a bunch of times until it magically clicks :D
By weareneurotic Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:12 pm
Hi there,

I'm currently preparing live set performance for my band and this thing will be the main thing on stage.

I did my research and also sending message to AKAI and also asked to a lot of MPC Facebook Page.

After weeks even almost a month of headscratching hahahahaha, this is what I can share.

First of all, I experienced all bad experiences you all experienced here.

I tried

1. Computer -> Ethernet Cable -> WIFI Router (With and Without Connection) -> Ethernet Cable -> MPC ONE
2. Computer -> USB to Ethernet Converter -> Ethernet Cable -> MPC ONE

also

3. Computer -> USB -> MPC ONE (Just because somebody from one of the Facebook Page said so)

Also did all the suggestions on this forum but what I got is,
the Ableton and MPC connected (Ableton Link logo showed up and metronome lights sync, and I can press play on MPC and Ableton session will start),

but the "Control" Page on my MPC always said "Waiting for Communication from Ableton Live" also on the Control Surfaces on Ableton Preferences, there is NO option for IN and OUT for AKAI MPC FORCE.

Then I contacted AKAI, message AKAI on their youtube channel that explaining this stuff, the replied to me with a short answer. " Just make sure your firmwire are update ".

Then I re-install my firmwire, suddenly the Control Surface on Ableton.

So happy tried to messing around, until the next day, back to same problem hahahahaha!

Tried a lot of things, somebody here said try to reinstall AKAI Professional Network MIDI, and also reinstall the firmwire, restart the computer, basicly i repeat all of the stuff that I did.

Then it's working but still, sometimes it's not.

Then message AKAI again on the video tutorial comment, and they still ghosting me hahahaha.

So back to doing another headscratching and super emotional proccess hahaha

Then so far this system is kinda stable this one week, I hope it will be always stable. This is what I can share with you guys.

STEPS

1. Re-install the Firmwire. If your installer said it's already up to date, just reinstall it. Also you can also try re-install the AKAI Professional Network MIDI, i'm not sure if it's helping, but why not trying.

2. From my experience, the signal should go from MPC VIA ETHERNET CABLE TO THE COMPUTER,

Then it's up to you either you want to use the ethernet cable
a. straight to the computer,
b. or via WIFI Router,
c. or via ethernet to USB converter,
d. or even via ethernet to USB Thunderbolt thingy converter

3. Then THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST RELIEVE MOMENT WHEN I FOUND THIS MAKES EVERYTHING STABLE

TURN ON THE AKAI MPC FIRST, After you sure the MPC is ON, Then turn on the Computer. And then of course Turn on the AKAI Profesional MIDI Network, do the setup, and turn on ableton, and do the setup

I would say this is the most and last thing I found is, cause so far the TURN ON THE AKAI MPC FIRST always make a difference. My computer immidiatelly recognized as easy as we saw on that MPC tutorial video, and it's always back to

'"Control" Page on my MPC always said "Waiting for Communication from Ableton Live" also on the Control Surfaces on Ableton Preferences, there is NO option for IN and OUT for AKAI MPC FORCE'

Situation if I DIDN'T TURNED ON THE AKAI MPC FIRST

4. To know it's gonna work, I always open Ableton and check the preferences,

as long as The Control Surface INPUT and OUTPUT options both showing AKAI NETWORK - DAW CONTROL, i'm sure you're got to go.

5. And you can find the rest of the tutorial here or on AKAI tutorial video.

Thank you so much, hope it's helping, and because of this post, finally I made an account here hahahaha.

https://tell.ie/WeAreNeurotic