MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By machinableed Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:33 pm
Just wondering if others have run into this or can reproduce it - I'm finding that my x works fine when not synced to an external source but as soon as synced as a slave to midi clock, the effects
on channels are no longer audible. this is particularly obvious with time based delays etc. ( I believe I was using one of the air delays). Any ideas if this is a bug or something weird I may be doing? I'm in standalone mode...
By Monotremata Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:56 am
Works fine here, but for the delays I usually use the Akai Tape or Analog ones. Regularly use AIR comps and EQs and the 'vintage' plugs on my drums too. I sync it to Logic or Reaper when I track my finished projects and so far no problems.
By machinableed Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:21 pm
I've done some further investigation - seems to be a problem with AIR DIFF DELAY. Seems to be fine with others that I've checked - must be a bug in that one plugin which is painful.. love that plugin but it's unusable for me now
By rtofvnt Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:42 pm
machinableed wrote:Just wondering if others have run into this or can reproduce it - I'm finding that my x works fine when not synced to an external source but as soon as synced as a slave to midi clock, the effects
on channels are no longer audible. this is particularly obvious with time based delays etc. ( I believe I was using one of the air delays). Any ideas if this is a bug or something weird I may be doing? I'm in standalone mode...

Yep - same here. I have MC707 as a "master".
Created a track with a drum program. Applied some AIR delay fx and when I fire samples on the unit - it's ok.
Once I press start on MC - the sequence runs fine, but without the fx.
I changed the AIR delay to "normal" - it's ok. Looks like a serious bug.